Broken Landing Gear Motor "Stop"

floridarandy

Blew fuse overextending front Venture brand front landing gear on our 2009 Sundance. After replacing the fuse holder which had fried when the fuse blew I tested the landing gear. Testing the landing gear I immediately noticed a new problem. The landing gear motor attaches to the top of the legs through an assembly that houses the gears for the legs. the bottom 2 bolts that hold the motor to this assembly have plastic "pegs" that the bolts screw into. These pegs, on each side of the landing gear top channel, keep the motor this housing in place as the motor rotates inside it. One of the plastic "pegs" had sheared off, presumably from the force of the motor driving against the stop at the top of the extension. It would appear that the "fix" is simply to remove the motor and find this plastic part.

1. Can the motor be removed while the legs are extended and supporting the 5ver weight?
2. Can this part be found?

Thanks

Randy in Florida

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I would have the rig hitched up anytime I am working on the landing gear.
Parts can be purchased from Venture Mfg Co.
They can also answer any questions you have about repair.

Peace
Dave

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
That's not a bad price. Anybody tell me how to put 2 of these on? I've heard that it's been done...Don
Don, I did that on my last BH.
I'll send you some pics.

On edit, here is a LINK to my conversion.

Peace
Dave

GOTTOYS

Thanks Jon and Dave. I'll check it out some more. We need a "like" button on this forum....Don