Built in black water tank flush

bd2dabone

What is the pattern of the water spray in a built in tank flush. Is there an internal tank header that encircles the tank with numerous outlets or does it just spray from one internal point fanning out across or what?

sengli

According to the marketing literature heartland puts out they show only one spigot pointing downward in the tanks wall. Thats all I have ever seen. All I know is there seem to be alot of people here, myself included that have had water leaking issue's specifically with this black tank flush line. Had it fixed under warranty once. Now I dont use mine anymore. But I am wierd, we dont put any solids down into out black tank either.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
As far as I know, it's a single spray head with a fan pattern. Yes, there have been quite a few members having leak issues and mostly at either the Anti back flow valve or the connection at the UDC behind the wall. I've never let an issue that someone else is having deter me from using a very needed function of my rig. Use it. If it leaks, figure out where it's coming from, fix it and continue to use it as needed. Mine has never leaked.
The back flow preventer is mounted in an empty wall void at a level higher than the highest fixture in your rig. Usually behind the shower or toilet.

wdk450

What I learned (the hard way on a long trip) is that the backflow preventer for the sprayer is made out of plastic, will blow apart if the water pressure is too high, and sits directly over the expensive ($230) 12 volt DC convertor/battery charger. It was also VERY difficult to access for repair. I replaced the plastic "atmospheric" breaker/check valve with a standard, metal, "Sharkbite" 1/2" PEX, check valve.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I tried it once, didn't seem to work and was too lazy to get behind the shower wall to replace the check valve. I prefer to use a simple backflush (Flush-King) which has always served us well with every rig we have had.

wdk450

Steve:
I was on the road in West Yellowstone, crawled to the rear doorside corner in the basement, drilled a lot of holes up through the flooring and used a keyhole saw to enlarge the backflusher tubing hole in the flooring to pull the checkvalve out by the attached tubing. That was 90% of the job. It hasn't failed since.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
FWIW, on my 2011 BH the check valve is behind the plumbing access screw off cover below the faucet in the shower
Trace

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
I've never experienced a problem with my black tank flush and use it all the time. For my black tank in the rear bath, I made one. I connect this to the sink faucet and stick it down into the tank from the bowl. While draining the tank, I use this flush. It has a valve on one end and a cap on the other. 1/2" PVC. I drilled 3 (1/8") holes thru the end of the cap and four holes in the sides of the pipe, just above the cap.

HT 001.JPG HT 002.JPG HT 003.JPG HT 005.JPG