bypass

b4631c

I own a 2014 Elkridge Extreme Lite E285. I am having trouble finding the hot water heater bypass valve and the water pump. Can any one help me locate it? I have looked under the sinks, underneath the unit, in the storage area with no luck. I need to fill up my water heater for a trip this weekend.

Thanks

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
On our ElkRidge, the water heater is on the off door side. You have to remove part of the interior basement wall. Easy to do. The water pump is located behind the water heater. 3 valves to work the bypass

2lxje5v.jpg

b4631c

Do you have to pull the carpet off the wall? I looked in the basement area and didn't see a door or any screws.

mlpeloquin

I have a Big Horn, but if I am not mistaken your water pump is in the picture. It is the one with the blue PEX line coming out of the front of the pump, (back of the picture), with the blue PEX line going up from it on the left of your picture. I do not have a clue where your bypass valve is. Do yourself a favor, put hinges on your service wall to make a door. I used a sliding gate latch top and bottom to keep mine closed. I drilled a hole slightly oversized in the ceiling and floor. Use a drill stop to keep the drill from going in too far. I purchased and use two brass latches such as this stainless steel one: http://www.amazon.com/uxcell®-Stain...ords_browse-bin:4464519011&s=hardware&sr=1-15 The sliding pin goes into the ceiling and floor. I used a 2X2X6" piece of wood screwed into the floor, short screws because your tanks are under the service floor, to keep the wall from moving. Over time you will want to get into your service bay and not want to unscrew and screw it back together again.

danemayer

Do you have to pull the carpet off the wall? I looked in the basement area and didn't see a door or any screws.
The felt doesn't get removed from the wood. If you have a magnet, it'll make it easier to find the screws that hold the board in place.

olcoon

On our 2011 Elk Ridge the access panel to the water heater valves is under the fridge. It's a piece of paneling that has 4 screws I have to remove to get to the valves, it's on the back side of the HW tank on the inside of the rig. Also our water pump is behind the bulkhead behind the UDC, you'll probably have to use a magnet like Dan said or a flashlight to find the screws...the heads are painted black & there is one in each corner. I can remove the two screws on the corners nearest the UDC, and pull it out enough to reach in & turn the valve, and reach the hose to winterize the rig. Yours is a different floorplan, and newer so it'll probably be different.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Our Prowler is a similar trailer to yours and if you go into the front cubby hole (basement door) on the off door (drivers) side, and the basement wall should be right there.

Chances are the wall should have a piece of wood along the side where it meets the outside wall of the trailer with one screw at the top and the other at the bottom attaching it to the outside wall.

Look about three feet toward the middle of the trailer and you should find a seam where the two pieces that make up the basement wall meet, and you should find two more screws there holding it in place.

Once you remove those four screws you should be able to remove that section of wall and you should see something like this back there:

ProwlerWHshutoffValve-P1000759.jpg