Cable TV

pegmikef

Are you sure when you moved the cable in the UDC that you didn't just move it from the LR sat feed to the BR sat feed? How many coax outlets are there total in the UDC. Mine has four in a row and then a separate one on the right hand wall and that is the one for cable.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Are you sure when you moved the cable in the UDC that you didn't just move it from the LR sat feed to the BR sat feed? How many coax outlets are there total in the UDC. Mine has four in a row and then a separate one on the right hand wall and that is the one for cable.[/QUOT

My UDC has only two connections inside. Neither are marked what is for.

pegmikef

Interesting. Now I am wondering if they aren't separate feeds to each room since you said when you moved from one to the other, the br worked whereas before, the lr worked. A simple solution would be a simple splitter with the cable as input and a separate output to each outlet, but I can't believe it would intentionally be wired like that. Now I am stumped unless there is another coax outlet somewhere else on the coach like on the back or side.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Interesting. Now I am wondering if they aren't separate feeds to each room since you said when you moved from one to the other, the br worked whereas before, the lr worked. A simple solution would be a simple splitter with the cable as input and a separate output to each outlet, but I can't believe it would intentionally be wired like that. Now I am stumped unless there is another coax outlet somewhere else on the coach like on the back or side.

The only other cable outlet is in the basement door side. Their is a splitter behind the wall. Has two out and one in. The one in is the the basement connection.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned before, your coax may be wired incorrectly.
It might be time to buy a coax toner and find out exactly where the UDC connections go to.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

Another technique is to wrap a paperclip around the threads and put the other end into the center of the connector. Then check continuity at the other end.

jimtoo

The only other cable outlet is in the basement door side. Their is a splitter behind the wall. Has two out and one in. The one in is the the basement connection.

Shouldn't it be hooked up to where (in) is coming from booster or antenna and the (outs) be the hookup for basement TV and the other out cable to LR or ? It sounds backwards to me.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Shouldn't it be hooked up to where (in) is coming from booster or antenna and the (outs) be the hookup for basement TV and the other out cable to LR or ? It sounds backwards to me.

Jim.....You make a good point on the basement connections could be wrong. Going this afternoon and getting a coax toner. Going to get this fixed one way or another.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
BigJim45, I was just wondering if you ever got this issue resolved?

Yes I did. Ran another splitter in the UDC and connected too both inputs. Have great tv in both rooms. Was not the fix I wanted, but it works for now.

Last edited: