Campground References

BigGuy82

We have been away from RVing for a few years and we just got back in with a new Big Horn fifth wheel. Back in the day, the best campground guide was Woodalls. However, I see that they have been taken over by Good Sam/Camping World. For more than one reason, I'm not a big Camping World fan and after going through a few sites on the Good Sam app, it seems that their recommendations are often much different than other apps - they usually rate most sites higher - way higher than others.

Any suggestions on a good source of reliable campground ratings?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
You can usually count on a KOA being a good place.

Generally, KOA doesn't allow dumps to have their name on them.

Also, check out this website: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/

There are also many APPS for smart phones and tablets.

RVParky, KOA and MobileRVing are all good APPS.

And even though we do take advantage of the Good Sam's discounts once in awhile, their APP did not get us into any good camp grounds.

Domi

X2 on RV park reviews. Generally pretty accurate and there are gems out there to be found. Need to watch the dates, I don't think the purge the database so you get some parks them no one has stayed at in 4 years and do not exist any more (Kimbell, Ne is an example).

John

mlpeloquin

I don't know about the printed version of the combined GoodSam/Woodalls directory. The Good Sam on line tool does not list KOA parks which is a big disappointment. I have an app called RV Parky that finds almost everything. It won't tell you any ratings, but it finds KOA, Good Sam, and others. You can then look up ratings on line. I also downloaded the PDF file of KOA park guide. You can get it on their web site. http://koa.uberflip.com/i/641109-2016-koa-directory

Piperflyer

I use the RV Parky App along with RV Park Reviews. Then I usually check the park out on Goggle Earth and see what it looks like. If I'm happy with the three, I usually book then. I've had great luck so far on staying at some nice parks by doing it this way.

Power247

Thanks @BigGuy82 for asking the question. 👍

I will be downloading the RV Park app today.

Greg
2012 | 2500 | CCSB | Custom MCC by Double R Diesel

Garypowell

I use an app called "Allstays" and find it fairly accurate in its ratings. It also provides pictures and a path to the parks web site.

It is map based.

VKTalley

I use an app called "Allstays" and find it fairly accurate in its ratings. It also provides pictures and a path to the parks web site.

It is map based.

X2 on the Allstays app. We use it to not only find campgrounds, but fuel stops, rest areas and sometimes...a local Cracker Barrel. Malcolm also checks with RV Park Reviews and will google the park to view it via satellite view.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I gave a not-so-glaring review on RVParksReview to a campground down at the Royal Gorge . . .

We stayed at a campground just around the corner from the one I gave the no-so-good review on (and I gave them a good review).

However, when we go camping we like to check out other campgrounds in the area for possible stays there next time around, and we've never had a problem with the campgrounds letting us walk or drive through.

However, as we pulled in to this campground, the owner walked briskly up to us and inquired what we wanted (he had the road blocked with orange cones), and when I told him that we just wanted to check out the place for a future visit and that we also wanted to check out their gift shop, he rudely made us turn around and leave . . . which we did.

For the last time as we will never stay there!

Too bad as it looked like a nice place.

rjr6150

X2 on the Allstays app. We use it to not only find campgrounds, but fuel stops, rest areas and sometimes...a local Cracker Barrel. Malcolm also checks with RV Park Reviews and will google the park to view it via satellite view.

x3 on Allstays app

Seren

It is map based.

X4 on the AllStays app. We full-time and it is our goto app. Get the one that costs $9.99, it is worth it. In addition, we also stay at a lot of State Parks, Army Corp of Engineer (ACE), and National Forests, so we use the website Reserve America to find and reserve campgrounds along our route.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wdk450

My suggestion for any USERS of RVParkReviews , and like user generated review sites, is to BE A REVIEWER. Add to the database of info about every park you stay at. Make it so the most recent review isn't 5 years old. These sites are as good as you make them!

jrdelung

Allstays app on my Android and Allstays Pro on my PC (it's way better than the app). We cannot live without ALlstays!

RamblinFever

My suggestion for any USERS of RVParkReviews , and like user generated review sites, is to BE A REVIEWER. Add to the database of info about every park you stay at. Make it so the most recent review isn't 5 years old. These sites are as good as you make them!

Just went back on RVParkReviews. I'm adding reviews on the parks we visited during the month we were gone. Also d/l the Allstays app for the android. Both look like very valuable resources. I plan to use them more often. You are absolutely correct for entering reviews. Some places I visited had very old reviews and not much to go by. I tend to eliminate the best and worst reviews and go by the "average".

BigGuy82

Allstays app on my Android and Allstays Pro on my PC (it's way better than the app). We cannot live without ALlstays!

Had Allstays app on my iPad and was impressed. Spent $29.99/yr on Allstays Pro (again on my iPad) and was blown away. What a great tool. Couple that with RV Park Review and I think I'm pretty much all set! Great suggestion - thanks!