Camping World Calera, AL

Not sure of the current operations in Calera, AL but I believe this is note worthy. Purchased a 2012 Cyclone 3950 in 2012. Had issues with the camper immediately. Went to CW of Calera for warranty work. The first 6 months my camper was in service was wasted time. My RV was lost by the dealer for 3+ months. Then finally went to pick the RV up at the 6 month mark. Nothing had been fixed. Informed the shop I wanted all parts ordered and to be on hand when I returned the camper to complete the warranty work. Returned the camper 2 months later for repairs. This go round took 4 months and when I finally came to pick up the RV all the panels were still off and only two of my long lost of items were fixed. I ended up having to put the camper back together my self and fix the remainder of the issues myself. However, the main issue that the camper went in for was a exterior water intrusion. Needless to say my tool box section of the storage compartment is nearly rotten on a 2012 camper. Absolutely fantastic!

This particular store needs help. I've had nothing but bad dealings with them myself. They keep changing service people and managers. You would think that they could get someone in there with some sense. For one particular problem I had with my Landmark, I had to deal with 3 different service writers and 2 different service managers. The General manager even changed during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Camping World is great for what they are meant for . . . a store where us RV'ers need to go to buy our supplies and other stuff!

When we need service . . . perhaps that should be left to the professionals, which will be found elsewhere.

JohnD

This particular store needs help. I've had nothing but bad dealings with them myself. They keep changing service people and managers. You would think that they could get someone in there with some sense. For one particular problem I had with my Landmark, I had to deal with 3 different service writers and 2 different service managers. The General manager even changed during this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pulled in to the Flagstaff, AZ Camping World with a missing hub cap . . .

The service manager came out and looked directly at my wheel, and didn't bother to tell me that I needed some service.

300 miles later, I had a wheel bearing burn out!

Lost 2 days of our vacation in Phoenix while getting it fixed . . . not too mention $1000 lighter out of pocket.

Again . . . Camping World is great for buying our camping supplies . . .

Thanks for the comments, I have'nt had much help from heartland either with the RV. Honestly speaking, the workmanship of this camper has been the worst of any camper I have ever owned. Maybe I got a lemon. Still no excuse. All heartland suggested was to work with the dealer and camping world is about the only authorized service for heartland in Alabama.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why not call HL and see if you can get them to approve going to a non HL dealer? It has been done before. Or do what I like to do, do it myself with HL supping the parts!

Thanks for the comments, I have'nt had much help from heartland either with the RV. Honestly speaking, the workmanship of this camper has been the worst of any camper I have ever owned. Maybe I got a lemon. Still no excuse. All heartland suggested was to work with the dealer and camping world is about the only authorized service for heartland in Alabama.

JohnD

I only buy from Camping World as a last resort. Their prices are way too high for me.

I've found that most dealership stores charge twice as much (or more) than Camping World for the same stuff . . . most especially if you are a Good Sam's member.

wdk450

I would URGE any RV owner having had RV service problems to make a posting on RVServiceReviews.com.

I would also urge ALL reading this to consider checking out the servicer/dealer on RVServiceReviews.com when making repair or new rig purchase decisions.

Last of all, many of us on this forum advocate seeking out the independent RV servicer businessman, who has a vested interest in getting your work done quickly, and to your satisfaction, if he wants his business to succeed. Heartland allows you to choose who does your warranty repairs, with a phone call to Heartland Service before the repairs are begun.

jnbhobe

I've found that most dealership stores charge twice as much (or more) than Camping World for the same stuff . . . most especially if you are a Good Sam's member.

My dealer will service any trailer for any one and I have done business with him for 40 yrs. so maybe that helps.

Bohemian

Yes, I had work done by camping world in S. NJ on my motorhome. Called them up. Waited 2 months for the part to be in stock. We to CW and waited for 3 hours as they did the 1 hour install. They came out and apologized for having the wrong part and not being able to do the work.

Bye Bye.

JohnD

My dealer will service any trailer for any one and I have done business with him for 40 yrs. so maybe that helps.

I wasn't talking about service . . . but buying stuff in their store!

I don't think I would trust them to do any service . . . especially after my encounter at the Flagstaff, AZ Camping World a couple of months back.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
I only buy from Camping World as a last resort. Their prices are way too high for me.

Camping world frequently sends me various coupons that really save you money. Between the several coupons and a Good Sam card, the costs can end up much better. You really just have to watch for their sales and coupons.

Most of the dealers that I stop at are usually quite high on their prices. They want you to order from their catalog and get an item in a week or so. If that is the case, Why not just order online and get it shipped in a couple of days for much less?