Camping World Service

Bill_

Purchased a BH3875FB on August with missing coffer ceiling molding piece. CW said they would order molding from Hearland when we purchased but it's now 4 1/2 months later and CW has rcvd piece but will not install piece at the RV park. I guess I will install it myself as soon as they send it I to me. I just am hoping now that nothing needs to be warranty repaired since they require that I pull the TT to them. Other than this issue we love full-timing in the fiver.

branson4020

Icantre Member
You'd have to pay the extra for a mobile service call, but you could certainly use a mobile guy (with prior approval from Heartland) instead of hauling it back to CW for warranty repairs. Probably get better work anyway from an independent servicer.

olcoon

I personally have never had an issue with Camping World...BUT my only business with them has been to buy items from their store when I couldn't find it anywhere else, or something I need right now & I knew they would have it. I've NEVER had them install anything, or bought a camper from them, and from the stories I've read on here, and heard from people, I seriously doubt that I'll EVER buy a camper from them or have them do ANY work on my coach! As soon as things are finalized & I get the OK, I'll relate a story a friend of mine is having with his 2015 2585 Big Horn, that he's only used twice.

wowlites

Sorry Bill,
But I think I have to side with the dealer on this one...it's got wheels and as inconvenient as it may be the trailer should go in for warranty service. Just as your tow vehicle would if it required warranty service, they wouldn't send a tech out for a trim issue. It's got wheels for a reason so it can be moved, not like warranty on a new sticks and bricks. That's just the way I see it and in no way intend to upset or offend you.
Cheers Rick T.

happykraut

I just am hoping now that nothing needs to be warranty repaired since they require that I pull the TT to them. Other than this issue we love full-timing in the fiver.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I always thought the standard procedure for warranty work was that you took your rig to the dealer/factory and they repair it.

OEFVET

I think the long wait for the part has added to your frustration. After waiting several months CW should explain the nature of delay.

bigdob24

I have a friend that bought from CW and they had to take there rig in for warrantee work for approval and repair every time .
The work was always done to there satisfaction but kind of a hassle.
I have bought all my HL from the same dealer and we have become friends and they work with me to make any repair fit my schedule .
So it's never a hassle and always easy.

Westwind

I had a 9AM appointment made almost two week in advance and CW, Seffner ( at the time), they knew we were waiting since we were traveling in the trailer. The repair was simple, HW heater needed a new thermostat, original had burned up (?). It took 9 1/2 hours, the made me empty the compartment, then made me move the trailer 3 times, how I remained calm through all of his I will never know, How I calmed my wife down I'll never know- done with Camping World.