Can i disconnect batteries while hooked to shore power?

wdk450

make sure its set to either AC, or automatic.... because if your fridge has the "battery/12v" option, and if you happen to be running it in this mode, its a very power hungry mode that is intended for short term special purpose use, such as when you NEED to have the fridge RUNNING as you are driving thru a tunnel or being transported on a ferry... as during these times, the law wants the propane shut off completely, at the tank......
It would seem to me that on these "short term" refrigeration shut offs, you could safely rely on the refrigerator insulation to keep it cold enough for 1 or 2 hours if you do not open the doors. This has even been advocated in threads on whether to run the refrigerator on propane while driving down the road.
The 12 volt DC refrigerator cooling power option (3 way power) is pretty rarely bought because of battery limitations and increased purchase price. I don't think Heartland has offered 3 way refrigerators as a factory option.

centerline

It would seem to me that on these "short term" refrigeration shut offs, you could safely rely on the refrigerator insulation to keep it cold enough for 1 or 2 hours if you do not open the doors. This has even been advocated in threads on whether to run the refrigerator on propane while driving down the road.
The 12 volt DC refrigerator cooling power option (3 way power) is pretty rarely bought because of battery limitations and increased purchase price. I don't think Heartland has offered 3 way refrigerators as a factory option.
I believe you are correct, but fridge manufactures still offer the 12v/battery operation for those that want it....

I have no idea what heartland may offer as options in their various units, but the 3 way fridge has never been a good option in an RV...