Can you add a Glass Door set up to the garage after the purchase

I think I may have found a 3712 CK but it does not have the glass doors in the garage that work like patio doors for the ramp when it is in the down and flat position. Does anyone know if this is something I can add to create a nice family room out of the garage? I still like the fifth wheel but really like those glass patio doors. Just a thought thanks :cool:

Last edited:

scottyb

If you are talking about these, they are not glass by any means. They are screens with vinyl panels that are removeable. They are hardly mosqito proof, and reduce my 12' garage to 11'. I am still having mixed emotions about them, but they were already on the unit I chose. I was considering replacing it with a rollup screen door of some kind.

Attachments

• IMG_1852.jpg
    IMG_1852.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 78

oscar

I suspect that if you carefully remove them you will have a taker here, although shipping could be a bit cumbersome.

Scotty,

I see, I thought they looked like glass in the photo's on line and thought if they were that would be a pretty sweet deal, but if in reality they are large screen doors then ya that is not what I was looking for. I still like the 3712 CK and want to go this weekend or next depending on my wife's schedule but maybe Heartland should take a look at your post about their screen doors and my interest in glass sealed doors and make a move that will make our camping experience a bit better. Thanks for the input though.

Tim

scottyb

Oscar, if I can find the right roll-up screen door, i will take you up on that. It's not a bad installation, it just doesn't work for me. It turns my garage into a greenhouse when the sun shines in. Staying warm is not a big consideration around here or most places that I visit. Although, a no-seeum proof screen would be useful at times. MCC, the framework would probably have to be more substantial to support that much glass. They are pretty light weight in construction.

oscar

Oscar, if I can find the right roll-up screen door, i will take you up on that. It's not a bad installation, it just doesn't work for me. It turns my garage into a greenhouse when the sun shines in. Staying warm is not a big consideration around here or most places that I visit. Although, a no-seeum proof screen would be useful at times. MCC, the framework would probably have to be more substantial to support that much glass. They are pretty light weight in construction.

Sorry, I don't need it myself. (I have one). I meant that you would surely find someone on this forum, as people are always asking about how to install it after the fact.