Can you guess where I am at?

GrumpyOneandTwo

Is this Evergreen, CO. or Evergreen, AL.????

Attachments

• 100_0990.jpg
    100_0990.jpg
    740.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_0992.jpg
    100_0992.jpg
    510.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 100_0994.jpg
    100_0994.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 141

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Alabama. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the radar yesterday evening. Snow & freezing rain. Wow...

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Alabama - East TN didn't fair too well also. Local weatherman said maybe 0 to 1/2 inch, national guys said maybe 1-2 inches but we got 4-5 inches. ummm who's right????

VKTalley

They can only predict the weather.....they are never accurate though. We have a dusting of snow and lots of ice here in the Montgomery area with all roads closed until further notice.

GrumpyOneandTwo

The last time we had snow in Evergreen, Al was Feb. 2010. We, like the travelingtalleys, have a light dusting of snow and lot's of ice.

Nabo, nice house. The Grey Ghost look's good with a touch of white!

kowAlski631

Weatherman is actually a misnomer. It should be "weatherguesser". :rolleyes:

One of the few careers in which you can be wrong/mislead & keep your job without any hassles.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

scottyb

One of the few careers in which you can be wrong/mislead & keep your job without any hassles.

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

All of our schools closed last Fri, and it didn't do anything, nada. I think it was a knee-jerk reaction to what happened in Atlanta. After 3 freezing rain/snow days this year, now they have to make up a couple days, and one of them will be on Memorial Day.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Of all the "wintery mix" to hit Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex this season, the worst avoided us in Terrell (due east 30 miles) and not closed school. (Knock on wood.) More predicted tomorrow, so we'll see.

HornedToad

Of all the "wintery mix" to hit Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex this season, the worst avoided us in Terrell (due east 30 miles) and not closed school. (Knock on wood.) More predicted tomorrow, so we'll see.

Tigers, please settle an old bet I had with my better half, maybe she'll recognize ya'll as an authority.

Is it Terrell... like in Daryl Hannah??? OR TA rell... like in Dell computers???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Locals pronounce it Terr-ull, as in boat hull. But it's supposed to be like the first example. ;)

Not to be confused with Terrell Owens, the football player, which is the 2nd example.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HornedToad

Locals pronounce it Terr-ull, as in boat hull. But it's supposed to be like the first example. ;)
Not to be confused with Terrell Owens, the football player, which is the 2nd example.

I think my bet is gonna ride, when you add in the East Texas twang thang...
we're both kinda wrong???

But the Atlanta mayor who bet his political future that it would "never happen again"...
"according to the weatherguessers" he is in trouble!!!

Last edited: