Cancer -- DARN

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Sorry for using this space to talk about me, but I've already "caught ****" from a couple of folks for not saying anything sooner. But I didn't want to say anything when I really didn't have any information to share. Well, now I know something. During a routine dermatology exam the end of November, they found a lump on the left side of my neck. Had surgery a week later to remove a lymph node. It came back as cancerous. It was the same squamish cell carcanoma that I had removed from my left ear last February while we were wintering in Florida. Doctor ordered a PET scan which was done last week. Got the results back yesterday and finally got to talk with the doctor today. He is pretty sure this cancer is a continuation of the cancer in my left ear. The PET scan showed no other cancer spots throughout my body. That's the good news. Of course, with good news always comes the bad. As soon as it can be scheduled, I will have surgery to remove other lymph nodes on the left side of my neck and once that is done I will have both chemo and radiation to make sure they have eradicated all of it. We had already canceled our winter reservation for Florida (we are expecting 6 to 9 inches of snow here tonight...I am NOT a happy camper) and at the doctors recommendation, today we canceled our cruise we were scheduled to take at the end of this month. I'll miss seeing everybody at the Tampa RV Show.

It's going to be a rough next 8 weeks or so, but with the Lords help and blessing and the love and prayer of all of our friends, we know we will make it through.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Good luck with this but too I'm sure with God's help you'll be hohoing this next Christmas season.
See you in May

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Prayers for you sir. Hope to see you in june

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about that Keith. It seems that ugly cancer knows no boundaries.
Get well.

Peace
Dave

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Bad news Keith. Best of luck to and you will be added to my prayer list.

franks1

Retired Alabama Chapter Leaders
Sorry to hear this Keith,good luck to you,thanks for the direction to Virginia Beach, God Bless

mlpeloquin

I cannot tel you how much I am sorry to here about your cancer. I am a fellow cancer survivor twelve years now. I was told that if I were younger I might have a chance, but I did survive. I did my treatments at 6:30AM and got to work at 7:30AM. Locked myself in my office and worked all day. Not easy, but it kept my mind on something else. For radiation, it is the last couple of treatments that do most of the work. They had to hit my stomach so at the end it was not easy. Hopefully they don't have to hit yours, but if I could do it I know you can. You will be in my prayers.

'Lil Guy'

So sorry to hear of this Keith but stay positive and follow your doctor's orders. They've come a long way with the treatment. Hopefully they'll get it all with the surgery. Our prayers are with you and God bless.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry to hear this Keith. I know about both basal and squamous cell cancer in that i have had both and schedule for surgery on another squamous cell spot on my back the middle of February. So far no other treatment other than local surgery has been required. Will put you on our prayer list.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and prayers. I truely believe in the power of prayer and know thru HIS help we will make it through this bump in the road. We are positive in our approach and will do what ever is necessay to work through this. See all of you in Goshen, or better yet, in Virginia in May for our rally before heading to Goshen.

Dean-Pam

Keith,

You and Carol are in our prayers. God is an awesome God and we lift you up.

In Christ's name,
Dean and Pam

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Sorry for using this space to talk about me, but I've already "caught ****" from a couple of folks for not saying anything sooner. But I didn't want to say anything when I really didn't have any information to share. Well, now I know something. During a routine dermatology exam the end of November, they found a lump on the left side of my neck. Had surgery a week later to remove a lymph node. It came back as cancerous. It was the same squamish cell carcanoma that I had removed from my left ear last February while we were wintering in Florida. Doctor ordered a PET scan which was done last week. Got the results back yesterday and finally got to talk with the doctor today. He is pretty sure this cancer is a continuation of the cancer in my left ear. The PET scan showed no other cancer spots throughout my body. That's the good news. Of course, with good news always comes the bad. As soon as it can be scheduled, I will have surgery to remove other lymph nodes on the left side of my neck and once that is done I will have both chemo and radiation to make sure they have eradicated all of it. We had already canceled our winter reservation for Florida (we are expecting 6 to 9 inches of snow here tonight...I am NOT a happy camper) and at the doctors recommendation, today we canceled our cruise we were scheduled to take at the end of this month. I'll miss seeing everybody at the Tampa RV Show.

It's going to be a rough next 8 weeks or so, but with the Lords help and blessing and the love and prayer of all of our friends, we know we will make it through.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest.

I feel you pain. I am currently going through Chemo for the 3rd time. I have been fighting Esophageal Cancer for 7 years. I have had over 30 Lymph nodes removed, most of my stomach and esophagus removed, my left vocal cord nerve removed an implant in my left vocal cord and it continues. Faith in God and the power of prayer have gotten me through as well as the Doctors and staff at MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. We say a Cancer Prayer everyday for those with Cancer and will add you to our prayer list. Attitude is a great help in staying 'healthy' throughout the treatments. Hang in there and you will be fine.