Can't fill fresh water tank

Tweitekamp

I can only get a few gallons of water in my tank then it bubbles out. Help!!?? I just picked it up from the dealer. First time filling this camper.

It is a 2995 Rb fifth wheel. Also the monitor doesn't seem to read. All I have is a test button. It is different than my old jayco

please help

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
When mine doesnt want to fill, I take a length of rubber hose and hold it against the vent in the UDC. Then I huff and I puff and blow all the water out of the vent line. Then it fills.
The monitors are notorious for poor accuracy.

Peace
Dave

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
The vent line could be lower than the tank. Also trying to fill the tank toooo fast will cause this. Buy 1 of the tank fill lines that has a clear plastic end on it and screws on the end on your water hose. Its smaller than the fill hole and will let the tank breath.

Last edited:

Tweitekamp

Well, if I held the hose away from fill port I could slowly get it filled up. After a lot of research on this forum...which is AWESOME by the way....I found that the vent line is a issue on these Heartland campers. I am going to let the dealership know that this needs to be fixed when I have them winterize it for me this winter. I would do it myself if it weren't for the skirting.

If the vent line is plugged, will it effect water pressure? I think it will. It is fine for a few seconds, but after a 5 seconds or so the pressure drops.

At least I know what the potential problem is! Thanks!!

Going on our maiden voyage tonight. Rain all day then cold weather in Illlinois for the weekend. High in the 50's and lows around 32. Hope this polar package is all its hyped up to be with 2 little kids!

What exactly is involved in a "polar package"?

Todd

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
The vent may be a slight issue concerning water pressure but the problem I had with water pressure was that the filter attached to the pump input was full of plastic pieces from the fresh water tank. Cleaned the filter out and my water pressure was fully back to normal.

lwmcguir

Well, if I held the hose away from fill port I could slowly get it filled up. After a lot of research on this forum...which is AWESOME by the way....I found that the vent line is a issue on these Heartland campers. I am going to let the dealership know that this needs to be fixed when I have them winterize it for me this winter. I would do it myself if it weren't for the skirting.

If the vent line is plugged, will it effect water pressure? I think it will. It is fine for a few seconds, but after a 5 seconds or so the pressure drops.

At least I know what the potential problem is! Thanks!!

Going on our maiden voyage tonight. Rain all day then cold weather in Illlinois for the weekend. High in the 50's and lows around 32. Hope this polar package is all its hyped up to be with 2 little kids!

What exactly is involved in a "polar package"?

Todd
Someone else a few months ago posted they used a short length of NSF hose to insert into the fill line. I cut a 3' piece and tried this. It was the only way I could get the tanks to fill fairly fast. I had tried the short filler insert sold in camping supply stores and at the dealers. Didn't work at all. Having the vent full of water will make it hard to fill the tanks but won't affect your water pressure as the tanks much unless you have a weak pump. Otherwise the pump will pull a vacuum if the tanks are completely sealed and it will pull the water out of the vent line. This is an extremely poor design feature designed to frustrate you when filling the tanks. BTW they did a great job on that.

ash

I had the same problem two months after I bought my brand new sundance 2900mk. Solved the problem by remove the small vent cover next to the fill. Stuck in a straw and blew. Water started bubbling out and the problem was fixed.

jnbhobe

I fixed mine years ago, pulled down the cloroplast fastened the vent line to the floor and cut out all the excess line. I use a washing machine hose 5ft long, stick it in the fill and run it wide open fills full every time.

funntheson

I just recently fixed mine. The actual fill line behind the UDC went down to the floor, then back up. This caused the water to build and backup. I redirected the line to level it out as much as possible. Problem solved.