Can't Find Wiring Path

alfy4

2013 Cyclone HD 3010

Summary: how the wires make it from the front, to the back of the trailer for the brake lights

Had a bad trip to Moab and blew 2 tires. When the tires blew on the passenger side of the trailer the shredded tire seems to have pulled out my wiring that goes to the rear of the trailer and powers the rear lights.

What I am struggling with is finding the other end of the wires. I have the front half that is just in front of the front stairs but can't tell where the second half connects. It doesn't seem to go under the weather protection because I pulled that open and didn't see a missing end.

So does anyone know, how the wires make it from the front, to the back of the trailer for the brake lights.

Thanks!
ks

danemayer

Hi alfy4,

Sorry about your mishap. Hopefully another Cyclone owner has already been there and can give you some feedback. If not, on Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you some direction.

alfy4

Thanks for the help. I am pretty disappointed considering not only did the wiring get pulled out but when the tires blew on each side of the trailer all my fiber glassed was demolished. Think its weird that I had 2 tires go on opposite sides and the trailer is less than 2 years old and the bearings are serviced well. Had tires blow on my Stellar and didn't have damage like this.

Oh well, hope someone can help me because I was still trying to leave Sunday for fishing.

ks

scottyb

Very sorry for your troubles. I hope you are able to get things back together and get back on the road soon. Were they Towmax tires?

RoadJunkie

I had a problem with an AC outlet and tried to work with Heartland to get some sort of shematic, but no luck. They finally found someone that used to work on the line that might have shed some light on wiring paths, and he gave it his best shot, but in the end I was left to investigate the wiring path on my own. I did find the problem, eventually, but aparently no schemativs exist for these units. Best of luck, sorry to hear of your tire failure and subsequent damage.

Garypowell

I understand your desire for finding the path but I think it would just as effective to simply make your own.

I would drop the coroplast at the end of the unit and you will see where the wires terminate. Certainly you will have to figure out what wire does what but once you have make your own path with the spliced in lines.

Also so you might contact your insurance company. It could be that they would cover this as an accident.