Cargo Door

dmh5514

100_1447.jpg100_1448.jpg100_1449.jpg

The unit is almost a year old and we have had this issue since we bought it. The cargo door had a kink in it and had to be replaced it was finally done about a month ago. But the door is now a different color then the rest. It is white were the rest are cream. The dealership said they checked into it but was told it was the only color. Is there anything that can be done? It looks a bit off and not right for a new unit.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I think the problem is simply due to sunfade on the rest of the coach...give it a few months and the new door will catch up to it! I'm positive Heartland only uses one color, and it's stark white....

dmh5514

Ditto....!
Wow..if it really is sun fade I can't imagine what the unit would look like if we stored it outside. It really has only been out for a total of no more then 4 weeks total (if that )with our trips during the year. :D

jayc

Legendary Member
Donna and Marty,
We're practically neighbors! We are staying at Rayford Crossing in Spring for awhile. Come on over if you get a chance!

Willym

Wow..if it really is sun fade I can't imagine what the unit would look like if we stored it outside. It really has only been out for a total of no more then 4 weeks total (if that )with our trips during the year. :D

You will get some color change due to the sun, but also some due to oxidation of the finish. I expect that if you peeled back one of your decals or looked under some outside fixture, you would see a brighter white.

When I worked in paint sales many, many years ago, I was told that there were several shades of white available, so gel coat whites may change a little from batch to batch.

Give it some time and I expect that the new door white will slowly change and match the rest of the rig.

dmh5514

How long will you be there? We will not be back until August. Heading up to Wytech to drop the eldest off at school and then making the rounds on the way back.