Cars we use to drive 50s-60s

snuffy

Anybody watched Barret Jackson on the speed channel? We would all be very wealthy if we had kept all those old cars.

I did and no longer have a heart.....my wife and I both ate it out. Mostly over the GTO's.

jbeletti

I did and no longer have a heart.....my wife and I both ate it out. Mostly over the GTO's.

GTOs - oh man! I owned two '66 goats. One stock, then later, one that was pretty tricked out. Sure wish I owned that thing. Or better yet, an older/shorter convertible model :)

Jim

jnbhobe

Hey guys ,Its starting in a couple of weeks. I have a friend that just dropped a car off for the auction and is on his way back to PA for the second one to sell there. 69 IROC and 68 pace car. hope he gets his $$$$$ JON ;) ;);)

Shadowchek

My first car was a 69 camaro 327 with fuelie heads turbo 350 headers all the stuff you used to do to a car back then. Appliance deep dish 5 spoke rims with Ta 50's air shocks cal induction hood. More car than a young punk should of had but I Loved that car. With the help of a friend of mines dad who had a shop we built that motor from the ground up. It was a great learning experience but even a better driving experience. That was back when cars were easy to work on.

Greg

Retyred

!969 was a very good year. My 69 Camaro was loaded with options and cost me $4250 plus tax. Drove it to California and home on my honeymoon. Sure wish I had it today sold it in 1975.
There are two things in the picture I do not have today, the car and my hair.

Retyred

Attachments

• 69 Camaro.bmp
    522 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Retyred, I think that buying new hair is cheaper than buying these cars. 200K for hair, heck I can buy a hat for $5.00. Bob:D

Bob&Patty

Neil, not really,no digital anyway. It's still in pieces yet but going back together slowly. It does run and drove it a short distance. It's not all stock though. Bob:D

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We were pretty late getting into the digital camera age ourselves. We have hundreds if not a couple thousand 35mm slides and pictures in storage. We told ourselves one of these days we are going to convert all the slides to jpg's. I can't imagine how long that's gonna take. Any pictures of my old loves are in those boxes in storage.

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
My first "Car" was an US Army 3/4 Ton Tactical Truck. Snapped 3 axles learning how to let out the clutch. Yep, Ole HQ-17 was a beast. After her....

ALL MY 'CARS' HAVE BEEN PICKUPS!

Never owned a car. After HQ-17...what's a .

Attachments

• id_m37_375.jpg
    id_m37_375.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Netem

Hey Bob, If your as old as me who wants stock. I'm looking at a 48 Chevy coupe right now and if I buy it it sure won't be stock. You have to make alittle noise to have fun.

Bob&Patty

Neil, GET the Chebby coupe. Do like I did. 1994 TBI truck engine and trans. Get factory ECM and the wire harness. Install it, its easy, and have fun. BTW, 26" smittys sound great with 2 1/2 inch exhaust. It would take too long to list all the mods to the Fitty 8. When I have time will posts some pix. Bob:D

Netem

Bob, I made the deal. Will bring home the 48 as soon as the weather warms alittle. Supposed to be really cold this week so its on hold till we get a day in the 40s. Sounds like the 58 is well on its way to being a cool ride.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Learned to drive in a '55 Chebby, but the first car I owned was a '59 Mercury. That thing was like a tank, and the inside as big as a motel room.

rickbsgu

rickbsgu
Fun. My first car was a '59 Buick Invicta station wagon (hand-me-down from my old man.) 455 Wildcat, big four barrel, and a Dyna-Flow transmission. The fins on that thing weighed more than an early Toyota. Took forever to get rolling with that Dyna-Flow, but it would jump from 40 to 70 in nothing flat. Rumbled real good, too.

I've sorta lusted after the '69 vintage Dodge Challenger with the 440 six-pack and the four on the floor. For a factory stock car, that thing had some head-snapping acceleration, if you could hold it on the ground. RoadRunners with the 383's weren't trivial, either.

These days, though, if I can't sleep in it, or it doesn't tow something I can sleep in, it doesn't generate wallet interest.