ceiling fan and the slide that broke the paddle

jimcat

The Unit we are buying, a 2015 Landmark 365 Newport... the fan blades have to be in a certain spot when the slide comes in.. well the blade moved some when the slide came in and smushed the blade. What if, anything can be done with that fan? or is there a replacement that the blades will be up a half inch higher or so?

carl.swoyer

You can call Heartland parts with the last six of your Vin and ask them if they have replacement blades.

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

jimcat

Would that still cause the same Issue? I believe later models the fan was moved further away from the slide, so this would not happen. Thanks. I read some where.. that folks were able to raise the blades up higher or use shorter blades?

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
After 6 years of use, this happened to our 2015 Landmark365 Newport this past spring. I repalced the whole fan, not just one blade. It helped that it was covered under our extended warranty.

jimcat

After 6 years of use, this happened to our 2015 Landmark365 Newport this past spring. I repalced the whole fan, not just one blade. It helped that it was covered under our extended warranty.
what did you replace it with? Plus, where did you get your extended warranty? I think we may like something like that as well.. thanks

wdk450

Due to fan blade breakage, I replaced the entire fan once, blades twice, and finally removed the blades and lamp globe, leaving the motor and cover, bare lamp bases (empty), and center tube with the pull. I did this because the square space looked empty without anything in it. I don't miss the fan or lamp - I rarely used them.

Gary521

The fan blades should not have to be in a certain spot. The blades should be above the slide. Perhaps the previous owner replaced the fan with one that was bought locally. I replaced the fan on a previous trailer but I got it from Heartland. I could not find a fan that fit correctly from Lowes, Home Depot or elsewhere. Blades can be found at these places but not the fan. The fan itself is almost worthless. It is so close to the ceiling that it does not move air very well.

sengli

We have a 2015 landmark. Our blades arent anywhere near the slides ever. Something is sagging, whether its the blades, or the fan motor is slowly drooping? I seconds Gary's opinion, the fans are in our last fifth wheels did not move hardly any air and were worthless.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
what did you replace it with? Plus, where did you get your extended warranty? I think we may like something like that as well.. thanks
Jimcat, I had it done during my normal spring service by my dealer, TAC in Moyock, NC. I'm not sure where they got the new fan, but it looks exactly like the original. My extended warranty is through Coach-Net. I purchased it right after I bought the coach in 2015. It includers towing and I've never regretted having it. It has paid for itself over the years. Before it expires in Feb of 2022 I intend to purchase additional years of coverage. I am not very "mechanical" and it give me a whole lot of "piece of mind".

Niles

Our fan in the Bighorn caught the blades too, we replaced the whole thing with one from Menards. I really do think as they age the blades just start to drop, ours is doing it again so we have to be careful when pulling slides in. It's not a big deal to replace, just make sure you get one that doesn't hang down anymore than the factory one. And I feel like it does move a lot of air, in AZ we have it on almost all the time.