ceiling fan breaker AC and DC

etcmss

our Big Horn 3260EL has electrical AC and DC breaker/fuses for a ceiling fan, and we do not one. The AC breaker is closed.
So where does it go and is anything else wired to it? We also have the blank on the control panel with no switch.
Anyone opened and looked for lost power to trailer functions/items.
Curious.
Gary

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Ceiling fans are not used in the 3160EL because of height of the slides...no clearance for the blades. Maybe the are not in the 3260EL for the same reason. Call HL service and ask the question.

wdk450

The installed AC circuit breaker most likely has no wiring connected to it. I am not familiar with any 12 volt DC wiring for regular paddle blade ceiling fans, although the Fantastic vent fans run on 12 volts DC.

etcmss

there is no fan installed, no DC power after looking again at fuse panel (ceiling lights not fan)----maybe I'll pull cover to AC breaker to look for outlet wires or open and see what happens.

wdk450

The installed AC circuit breaker most likely has no wiring connected to it. I am not familiar with any 12 volt DC wiring for regular paddle blade ceiling fans, although the Fantastic vent fans run on 12 volts DC.

I thought about it and decided to reply to my own post.
If you take off the breaker panel cover you indeed may find a wire attached to the breaker marked 'Ceiling Fan". These trailers are made on an assembly line with standard wiring packages for all, and wiring in place for any available options (like 2nd air conditioner). Most likely from your description of a blank cover plate where the Ceiling Fan switch usually is, I would think that the wiring would be just hanging there with wire nuts on the ends of the conductors.

BTW, are you having any electrical problems that caused you to post about this issue that we can help you with?

etcmss

I did take the cover off and found NO wire attached to the ceiling fan breaker output. Opened breaker and put cover back on, noticed no difference yet (at home with shore power on)
Suspect the closed part is a standard checklist item---turn on all breakers.
Unsure if there is any wiring behind the blank switch cover, not worth looking.
posted more out of anyone having input to breaker closed to an option/thing that is not installed. Maybe it powers something else and is not marked right, or... gathering inputs like many other posts.
Gary