Ceiling speakers

TNEagle

We have a 2011 3950 and all of our Jensen ceiling speakers have a terrible crackling noise while watching a DVD, especially during a strong bass event. Is this just the nature of the beast? I checked and we are at 0 settings on the bass so it is not a case of excess bass. Any suggestions? We have never found listening to music to be an issue.

danemayer

Hi TNEagle,

I'd guess that there's a menu setting that's overdriving the amplifier at high sound levels. The dynamic range on the DVD is going to be much greater than that of the radio, so problems might only show up on loud scenes from the DVD.

Buried in the surround sound menus, there's likely an EQ setting or some profile that "boosts" output. You've already looked at the bass setting so you probably will have to experiment a bit.

CrazyCooter

I found my wiring shorted at the switch. They used uninsulated connectors at the back of the switch and they vibrated together sometimes.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
I found one of my speaker covers was not tight - and that was buzzing during the base ... check the simple stuff before replacing. oh and I found this out after purchasing replacement speakers and I was installing them - went to remove the cover on the DS speaker and noticed that the screw was loose ( insert open shot about loose screws here ), I tightened it up and returned the speakers...

Kevin

jimtoo

I found one of my speaker covers was not tight - and that was buzzing during the base ... check the simple stuff before replacing. oh and I found this out after purchasing replacement speakers and I was installing them - went to remove the cover on the DS speaker and noticed that the screw was loose ( It takes a loose screw to find a loose screw... :) ), I tightened it up and returned the speakers...

Kevin
:) You ask for it.. :)