CG Lubbock TX

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
drzr.... You might check out www.rvreviews.com . They show 7 campgrounds with a couple of them getting pretty favorable ratings. There is also a KOA there & I believe one is called Grand Mesa. That is a pretty stark looking part of the country, so scenery might not be high on the attributes list. No disrespect intended to anyone who lives there! Good Luck!

danemayer

We've stayed a couple of times at the Loop 289 RV Park. It's pretty bare bones, but it's easy to get to, fairly quiet and it's inexpensive. 30 amp service $20, 40 amp $22. Basically a place to stay overnight while en route somewhere else. Not a vacation stop.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I don't know about the rest of you but when I find a campground that I might want to go to I look it up on Google Earth or Bing and view them in the satellite view...

BTW.. here is the RV Park Reviews actual URL for the Lubbock KOA.

Also here is what a Satellite view is like for the park.

Lubbock KOA.JPG

BC

drzr

Thanks for replies. I had looked at some reviews but was looking to hear from Heartland owners as we are newbies and have been highly encouraged by being a part of this site, thanks again to everyone and have a Merry CHRISTmas!!!

FARMER45

I have stayed in all the parks in Lubbock over the years. I think loop 289 rv park is the best. They have a good price and are real nice people

SilverRhino

I have stayed in all the parks in Lubbock over the years. I think loop 289 rv park is the best. They have a good price and are real nice people

I would have to agree.......Live in Lubbock and think this is the best we have to offer. The KOA is outside of town and has a lot of long term residents that do not take much pride in their sites.....Not really the best. The RV parks here are really for overnight stays or maybe a "football weekend". We love Lubbock and it has a lot to offer......Just not much for RV facilities!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We have stayed at the Lubbuck RV Park close to the airport several times. It is nothing fancy but a great stop for a day or two or three while enroute or taking in the Buddy Holly museum.