Changed Anode now only warm water

santafedave

Santafedave
Both on electric and propane I am only getting warm water. I had hot water before I changed the anode. I can't figure this out any suggestions? Thanks.

olcoon

The only thing I can think of is that to change the anode rod, you have to drain the hot water tank. Possibly the heater hasn't had enough time to heat up the water. You might try turning on the gas & electric side to heat it up faster.

GOTTOYS

Is it possible you bumped the electric switch near the bottom of the tank and shut it off?...Don

danemayer

Assuming that both gas and electric modes worked before you changed the anode rod, they should both be working now. That suggests that hot and cold water are mixing somewhere.

If you were anywhere near the bypass valves, make sure they are still in the normal operating position. Also check the outside shower knobs are turned off.

Westwind

Check that external switch on the HW heater - mine crapped out and we had nothing but cold water on both gas and electric. It's a simple fix - just have to replace it and they aren't expensive if you do it yourself.

BLHFUN

As Dan said check the outside shower. If it is on the cold water will transfer to the hot side. "Been there found that"

I love this forum. I had no clue this could happen. One more item for my "what if...." File.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I love this forum. I had no clue this could happen. One more item for my "what if...." File.
Same thing with the shower inside if you turn it off at the head and get out without turning off the knobs, it will do the same thing.
I've had both of these situations happen to me. The result was lukewarm waters in the kitchen.
At the time I didn't have this forum to turn to.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Westwind

We never asked what brand of Hot Water Heater, Heartland changes them periodically. If your changing a anode rod it has to be Suburban, it might have a on/off switch located inside the trailer and outside on the body of the hot water heater on the outside of the trailer behind the HW heater door. That's what shorted out on mine. I also had a thermostat behind the rubber seal on the exterior of the HW heater let go, one for electric and another for gas. Let us know what the resolution is, we can all learn from it.

santafedave

Santafedave
Got it fixed. I hooked up shore water to my RV and keep the pressure low and she works now! Sometimes I have problems with my water pump I have to access it and get it to work if I have been on shore water that has a lot of pressure. Anyway I got boiling hot water and a brand new Anode. I highly recommend doing this maintenance man there was a lot of white crap coming out of my water heater. Thanks for all the post's helping me out. This forum is awesome so many details owing a house that rolls. D.

Last edited by a moderator:

wrgrs50s

Got it fixed. I hooked up shore water to my RV and keep the pressure low and she works now! Sometimes I have problems with my water pump I have to access it and get it to work if I have been on shore water that has a lot of pressure. Anyway I got boiling hot water and a brand new Anode. I highly recommend doing this maintenance man there was a lot of white crap coming out of my water heater. Thanks for all the post's helping me out. This forum is awesome so many details owing a house that rolls. D.

Glad it's working now, but I'm puzzled as to what was going on. Are you saying that you were using your water pump and fresh water while experiencing the problem? Just trying to figure out how that made any difference.
Also sounds like your saying your using your water pump while hooked up to city water? And about the high pressure, do you have and use a pressure regulator?

Oregon_Camper

Have to ask...do have water in the holding tank?

Did turn the knob over so they system knows to pull from the tank?