checking on pets left in trailer alone

agpopp

Hey there. Any updates on these? We have 2 weiner dogs and travel to Florida and SC in the summer and we need something like this. Please do a review once someone gets theirs.
Thanks!

mlburst1

We received our Blink system last week - it was very easy to setup - it uses the Internet to communicate so you need to be connected in the rig - downloaded the app to both of our iPhones and have been using the motion activated video and temperature check regularly - the app sends an alert when it senses a video or picture being taken - I highly recommend this device for pet monitoring.

Jv75353

We received our Blink system last week - it was very easy to setup - it uses the Internet to communicate so you need to be connected in the rig - downloaded the app to both of our iPhones and have been using the motion activated video and temperature check regularly - the app sends an alert when it senses a video or picture being taken - I highly recommend this device for pet monitoring.

Thanks for the review! It looks like it only took a couple of weeks for you to receive your order from the time you ordered it, that's fantastic. Now I have to go and find out why my order from November has not arrived. I got a notice that they were going to ship our order in the first week of January, but have not received it or gotten a tracking number.

agpopp

Glad I asked about it. I'll continue to check here to see if anyone has issues. If it holds up I'll order in the spring.
Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I ordered in August and still don't have it, but they did charge my credit card last week. Hopefully it's headed my way. There's been a lot of complaints that the fulfillment company Blink is using has failed miserably to get their units to those that backed the project 2 years ago, ahead of preorders. The shipping promises have been broken numerous times.

However, those that have received the product say it's very good quality and does what was intended. Firmware updates will continue to improve features, so I am really looking forward to mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

plshilo

All,
Does anyone have a device that will Start the genie when the temperature goes up in the rv. We have just purchased a big country 3560SS and am having it installed at the plant, now I have checked with onan they have somthing just not compatible with the rig. They had a wireless one but now it is obsolete. So we either have to wait till they come up with something or run the unit if we go into somewhere. Just asking......

avvidclif

All,
Does anyone have a device that will Start the genie when the temperature goes up in the rv. We have just purchased a big country 3560SS and am having it installed at the plant, now I have checked with onan they have somthing just not compatible with the rig. They had a wireless one but now it is obsolete. So we either have to wait till they come up with something or run the unit if we go into somewhere. Just asking......

I have been going to order the wireless one from Onan and now I think I know why I can't find it anywhere.

TravelTiger

BTW, I checked with Blink, they said it may take up to a week after you are charged to get the shipping notification. I guess they bulk ship and have to get the funds first? IDK. Anyway, I am anticipating a ship date soon, I hope.

plshilo

I have been going to order the wireless one from Onan and now I think I know why I can't find it anywhere.
We were just in Tampa and went to talk from onan and they said you could still find it.....well Not. They are working on upgraded one just Don't Know When it will on market.

farside291

Here is an idea, I set my laptop up with Skype running and positioned the camera so I could see the entire room. I downloaded the Skype app on my smart phone which allowed me to keep Skype running on my smart phone while I was out.

HornedToad

Here's what I did/didn't do... We went full time in August while we build a new house that won't be done until April. I had this very same concern with my two dogs and summertime temps @ 100+. I explored several options but ultimately went low tech... ie nothing.

Fortunately my wife and I work just a few miles away and since both dogs are kenneled, the old dog because he tears up the screens and the pup because she tears up everything, one/both of us go by each day during lunch to check on the dogs and let them out to take care of business.

I eased my mind about doing nothing, with an experiment. On a Saturday we left the trailer at noon with the AC off in the heat of the summer and returned @ 5PM to an inside temperature in the high 80's. Uncomfortable but not locked inside a car in the summertime fatal.

Some of the other things we've done with the dogs to adjust to full timing... occasional doggy day care at my daughters with her dogs and a big back yard, we normally take the dogs on weekend trips (yes I take my house tailgating) but we found a nice kennel that the dogs love and stayed at for a week at Thanksgiving, Christmas & New Years, and I try to walk the pup every day, the old guy doesn't care.

Gaffer

I like SimpliSafe. You can put it in your trailer for now and in your house later. I check my inside temp in the house every day while we are away for the winter. No land line or WiFi required.

Dennyha

Blink charged my card last week, and this week I got a notice that it's in transit. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

TravelTiger

Blink charged my card last week, and this week I got a notice that it's in transit. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

Me too! Coming to Texas from California, shipped on the 18th, estimated arrival on the 27th. That's some slooooow shipping, but hopefully it gets here sooner. Just checked tracking, it's in New Mexico (6 hours from us).

Last edited:

Dennyha

Me too! Coming to Texas from California, shipped on the 18th, estimated arrival on the 27th. That's some slooooow shipping, but hopefully it gets here sooner. Just checked tracking, it's in New Mexico (6 hours from us).
I just checked my shipping tracker. My blink has gone from Watsonville, CA to Sacramento CA to Kingman, AZ to Vega, TX to Strafford, MO to Grove City, OH to Clinton, PA. It looks like it overshot Canton, OH, and needs to make a U turn! This thing has made more stops than a retiree on blood pressure medicine. (just kidding).

TravelTiger

Haha, checked today mine drove right past us I bet, and went to Hutchins, TX (near Dallas, 3 hours east of us).

TravelTiger

Well, I received my Blink cameras today! Great little product. I look forward to being able to see the inside and check the temp while we are away.

JanAndBill

Well, I received my Blink cameras today! Great little product. I look forward to being able to see the inside and check the temp while we are away.

Tony, I've been looking at these. My concern was the WIFI access. Do you rely on the campground WIFI or do you use cellular access? If you use campground WIFI does that mean you have to do a setup each time you move. Would really be interested in a review of the product after you've had time to setup and use.