Cherry Hill RV Park in College Park, Md

jimtoo

Hi thinkie10

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Enjoy your camping trips and if the Heartland family can help, just ask.

Jim M

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are going one night a month ago returning from florida and it really is a beautiful campground. We want to return this summer to visit Washington.

Let us know if your plan works out to be in the area. Maybe we can hook up with a few of us and get to know a friend from the North!

Peteandsharon

Well I started this thread about a year ago when we were planning to head out to DC and stay at Cherry Hill. For some strange reason I chose to have back surgery at the beginning of summer (for the second year in a row) and there went the summer. So...... this year I'm going to pass on any surgeries and we plan to try this again. I think we're heading out after the first week in June and definitely plan to stay at Cherry Hill. I still need to learn about their dog walking service. It would be a wonderful thing if we could have someone come by and take Buttons out for a walk while we are out and about. Sounds like a great service.

dave10a

I stayed there in a motor home so I can't speak fro m 5th wheel experience. Howeverl, I did see some there and they do have spot for a 5th wheels, but let them konw what you have when making reservations. It is an expensive park, but close to WDC and the train service. The is a national park near Bull Run on the other side of WDC that is nice as well and much less expensive.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I stayed there in a motor home so I can't speak fro m 5th wheel experience. Howeverl, I did see some there and they do have spot for a 5th wheels, but let them konw what you have when making reservations. It is an expensive park, but close to WDC and the train service. The is a national park near Bull Run on the other side of WDC that is nice as well and much less expensive.

I believe the park you are referring to is the Bull Run Regional Park operated by the Northern Virginia Regional Parks Authority. Live near there, but haven't camped there. Here's the Web Site: http://www.nvrpa.org/park/bull_run/content/camping

dave10a

You are correct. I guess I get confused about national vs state. It is all government stuff to me :)