Chevy 3500 HD exhaust brake question

LowOnCash

Hello All - Yes instead of the driver making decisions on the exhaust brake operation - a processor which has no clue of where your trying to stop, how much load your pulling, if the road is wet etc. decides for you. My biggest dislike is it only activates when you apply the brake instead of engaging when the throttle is released. On my rams I seldom used the service brakes, I let the exhaust brake do the work and use the service brake to stop where I want. Hopefully someone will come up with a hack, regardless I still like the truck!

Regards - Mike

My ride.JPG

rhodies1

I hope you do not have any issues with your DPF filter in your unit. GM has 2 major recalls. One is called ECM update and second is a DPF issue. DPF filter plugs up and shuts truck down. I was at a dealer yesterday and they just had 2 customers with the filter issue. Trucks are out of service until dealer gets parts from GM. They told their customers that they had no idea how long it would take to get replacement filter. Could be from weeks to months to get parts. This DPF issue seems to be a big issue.

Dahillbilly

I hope you do not have any issues with your DPF filter in your unit. GM has 2 major recalls. One is called ECM update and second is a DPF issue. DPF filter plugs up and shuts truck down. I was at a dealer yesterday and they just had 2 customers with the filter issue. Trucks are out of service until dealer gets parts from GM. They told their customers that they had no idea how long it would take to get replacement filter. Could be from weeks to months to get parts. This DPF issue seems to be a big issue.
wondering what year & models this applies to. Haven't heard from GM on my 2023 3500HD

rhodies1

I have 2021 and had had my truck start working like a piece of crap. Check engine soon light came on. I had 15 k on it. ECM issue was number 5 and 7 cyl . Injectors exceeded their limit. Dealer had to reprogram the computer to clear engine codes ant reset injectors …DPF appears to be from 22 to 24 yrs with the most issues. The 2 units at dealer yesterday were 24 models. Go on GMC website and look up re recalls. They are listed.

rhodies1

You will not most likely hear from GM unless you have the issues and go to the dealer. The dealer I was at yesterday here in Nova Scotia Canada was well aware of the issues.

LowOnCash

Thanks for the reply - is this DPF recall and plug-up for just the new 24's

Mike

LowOnCash

Not to my knowledge. I had my truck updated when it failed . My unit is a 2021
Yeah some pencil head at GM totally screwed up the exhaust brake on the 24 models and made it a smart (stupid) brake. The E brake does not kick in when you let off the throttle you have to tap the brake and does not work in Manual which I use to pull loads thru mountains. I'm hoping Banks come up with a fix I just want my e brake like millions of others, I don't need a processor to make decision for me, let me drive the **** truck!

Regards - Mike