China Bombs got us today

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Stevewonder...if you look closely at those threads, you will note that almost all of the G614 failures were on tires with DOT dates in 2006 and prior by approximately 1 year.

FWIW - the G614 that blew out on me had a DOT of 2707.

StevieWonder

FWIW - the G614 that blew out on me had a DOT of 2707.

Rutrow ... :eek:

I'm planning on light truck, E rated tires. They cost about the same as the Goodyear occasional-bomb 614's and can be found in any decent sized tire store anywhere in country. Leaning towards Michelin's, Continental's or BFGoodrich's. Will consider Yokohamas and Bridgestones. But I have to upgrade to 16" rims that will fit my hub/lugnut arrangement.

The big trailer you see in my signature used Continental H-rated tires and I pulled that rig all across the US and Canada with two racecars, a golf cart, a Kawasaki Mule, mountains of tools, tires and equipment at 75mph without even a hiccup.

fyermn

confused on tires

I have a 2007 Bighorn 2925RK, and it has Karrier tires 235/85R/16. Maximun load is 3500lbs. at 90psi., load range "E". After all the reading I have done on this and other sites, I now feel that I should replace the 4 tires on the road, along with the spare. I look at the Michelin 235/85R/16, and the maximun load is 3042lbs. at 80psi. The gvw of my 5th wheel is 14,000lbs. My question is that the Karrier tires carrier a heavier load at a greater psi that the Michelin tires, and if I were to replace the Karriers with the michelin tires, would that cause any problems?

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Fyermn...No, this will cause you no problem. You two axles' total rating is 12,000lbs. The Michelins will easily carry that load maxed...which you obviously shouldn't do. The balance of that 14,000lbs is NOT on the tires/axles, it is on the pinbox and in the back of your truck.

If it were me, I'd go with the Michelins...if they made a G load for my heavier trailer, they'd be on here in the blink of an eye!!

iefpro01

Guys find the best deal you can online then just go to any national tire store like Discount tire and they will match - if not beat the price. Sears will do it as well....

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
I have 4 [FONT=&quot]Michelin® XPS RIB LT245/75R16 tires with less than 1,000 miles on them for sale in the 'For Sale' listings.
[/FONT]

Last edited: