City water hose freezing at night.

Dahillbilly

Disconnect both ends, starting at one end raise it up over your shoulder & walk it out the other end. We do that with fire hoses to drain them out before relaying on truck.

I invested in a blue heated hose that keeps my water hose from freezing. Some of my neighbors use those pool noodles and cut one side of them open and put the hose in it to keep it from freezing. Whatever you choose, good luck and stay warm out there, lol.

scottknight1

not sure I am doing the right thing... 18 degrees tonight..... 27 -30 all day today. it's been in the high 20s at night until tonight..... my 100' city water hose has frozen water in it tonight at 700PM.... rats.... unhooked the hose at both ends.... ice at both ends.... tried to run 3 gallon air pressure through it.. didn't work... I don't have skirts yet on my newly bought 2017 big horn..... when I run the water pump it seems to be working hard, so I am not going to run it at night and just add city water from a bowl to flush pee down the toilet... any tips would be appreciated...

chaplady

Turn your light on at docking station place foil insulation on the bottom of UDC and the door to help insulate. Use a heated water hose. Some use heat lamps behind the wall inside storage bay where pump is located to help heat are. If your using alternative heat source besides your camper heater remember camper heater needs to run to help heat the area behind the wall in storage area. If your storage bay wall has a vent into that area check to see if area is warmer with heater running. If not you may have kink in the heater hose that just lays in that area.