clicking noise on one of battery terminals

rdaub66

I have a 2011 sundance 2900mk and i am having trouble with a clicking noice by by the relays in front by the battery does someone know what causes that took it to dealer they said they could not find it (rdaub66)

jnbhobe

Re: clicking noice on one of battery termilnals

I would think thr relays your speaking of are circuit breakers. I would disconnect them one at a time till the clicking stops, then see what it controls and then figure out whats causing it to break and then reset.

danemayer

Here's a diagram of the buss-bar with 12V circuit breakers near the battery. Except for one, the breakers are all auto-reset and they could be resetting, making the noise. Perhaps you have a switch to one of the 12V systems that is stuck or shorted.

Attachments

• Buss_Bar_for_LM-BH-BC.pdf
    694.4 KB · Views: 24

wdk450

I have a 2011 sundance 2900mk and i am having trouble with a clicking noice by by the relays in front by the battery does someone know what causes that took it to dealer they said they could not find it (rdaub66)

As others have said, this sounds like one of the self-resetting circuit breakers is being tripped. This should be caused by an overcurrent condition, like a bare wire shorting to the chassis.
A couple of points to check: Does this only happen when the rig is plugged in to shore power? Does it ever happen when the rig is unplugged from shore power? If the first case is true, it may be the breaker from the convertor/charger to the battery via the bus bar (although this breaker is usually NOT self-resetting). If it is the latter, that eliminates the charger circuit, and it is one of the other circuits.
These shorts can be intermittent as wires shake, and hard to find.

rdaub66

the last time it happeed i noticed was when i unhooked the trailer but it stopped when i lowered my front power jacks i don't think i was plugged in to house power.

Duramax1

Here's a diagram of the buss-bar with 12V circuit breakers near the battery. Except for one, the breakers are all auto-reset and they could be resetting, making the noise. Perhaps you have a switch to one of the 12V systems that is stuck or shorted.

The original post enquires about a Sundance 2900MK.

The above diagram is not for that model.

danemayer

The original post enquires about a Sundance 2900MK.

The above diagram is not for that model.

Maybe you can take a picture of the one in your rig and post it with notes if you know which breaker does what.