Compatibility with B&W Companion hitch and Firestone RideRite Air Springs

wqmiller

I have the B&W Companion hitch installed on a 2008 F250, 4WD and want to install the rear Firestone RideRite air springs. When I look at the installation instructions on the air spring #2452 kit it appears there could a conflict with the B&W frame mounted plate for the hitch. Does anyone have this configuration of truck, hitch and air springs? Also, if you have any tips for installing the air springs it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, not many towing trips on the hitch yet but with the MorRyde pin box, it is a quiet combination....absolutely NO chucking or noise. Both products seemed to what they claim. Rig is 2013 Landmark San Antonio.

Thanks!

brianharrison

I have the truck and air springs (kit 2450 "With In Bed Hitch", not 2452), not the hitch though. But I do have a frame mounted hitch rail kit on my Reese Elite.

I posted some pics to your original question in the other thread --> //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/32010-Air-bags-Dodge-3500?p=257542&viewfull=1#post257542

Hope this helps.
Brian

Last edited:

trvlrerik

When I got my airbags on my Ford I had the same issue, the Firestone site has about 100 part numbers many appeared to fit. I called Tweetys RV directly and they hooked me up with the correct airbags. The install took about 2 hours and I did not have to drill any holes.

wqmiller

Hello Erik,

Good news! I think that is the best option.....call and get the "experts" to tell you the correct kit. Thanks for your input.

wqmiller

Brian,

I didn't see your other post before I posted here. To be truthful, I could find where I posted it. It was late last night and I didn't even note what forum I was on....my bad. Thanks for your help. Seems like Erik just gave me some good advice (see next post).

brianharrison

Brian,

I didn't see your other post before I posted here. To be truthful, I could find where I posted it. It was late last night and I didn't even note what forum I was on....my bad. Thanks for your help. Seems like Erik just gave me some good advice (see next post).

No worries - one trick that I use to find my previous posts is when I am on the main Forum page, over on the right hand side under User and Forum Statistics there is a link you can click that says "You've Made XXX Posts". It takes you to all of your posts, in sequential order, newest to oldest.

PS - The kit that I used was the #2450 - the one for the "With In Bed Hitch"

Hope this helps.
Brian

slmayor

Founding California Northern Chapter Leader
AirLift has one of the only kits I know of made specifically for the B&W. We've used 2 of them now. One on an 05 f350 dually and another on an 08 f350 dually. Hope this helps. :)

wqmiller

No worries - one trick that I use to find my previous posts is when I am on the main Forum page, over on the right hand side under User and Forum Statistics there is a link you can click that says "You've Made XXX Posts". It takes you to all of your posts, in sequential order, newest to oldest.

Great tip....Thanks Brian.

Last edited by a moderator: