condensation in fridge

tomsws6

Hi, my wife and I are living in our 4200 and what weve noticed is that there is a lot of condesation in the fridge. The fridge gets shut all the way so Im not sure were its coming from.. Any suggestions?

TxCowboy

It's probably normal, particularly if you are in a humid area. There should be a drip tray in the bottom of your fridge that drains outside the RV via a small hose.

Make sure that hose is actually outside the RV so that it doesn't drip into the interior. :)

tomsws6

It's probably normal, particularly if you are in a humid area. There should be a drip tray in the bottom of your fridge that drains outside the RV via a small hose.

Make sure that hose is actually outside the RV so that it doesn't drip into the interior. :)

Any idea were this hose is? It seems to be getting worse.

danemayer

Any idea were this hose is? It seems to be getting worse.

Drain hoses are typically routed so they just barely stick out of the lower outside louvered refrigerator vent. I'm not sure about Norcold, but Dometic hoses are 1/2" and are sort of corrugated. There's an end cap that fits loosely, allowing water to drain, but restricting airflow back into the hose. If you can't see it from the outside, remove the lower louvered vent to look.

If your hose is broken off, or the end cap is missing, it would allow warm outside air into the fridge.

MikeR

If it is a Norcold, it is inside the lower access panel outside. The hose sits in a small catch pan, where the water evaporates.

danemayer

Looks like the Dometic drain hose except Dometic is white. I can't tell if there's an end cap. Again, if missing, that could be the problem.