cone seals

Bobby A

I should of posted this earlier in the week when I changed the check valves in the hot water tank, and I forgot. I noticed when I change anything plumbing lines, that there is a white cone seal in the lines. But when I changed the check valve on the water tank the seals were a black cone. I went to the local RV dealer to get more cones I asked him if there was any difference in the white or black cones and he said they were all the same. Not sure if I believe that so I wanted to ask our Heartland experts this question. I put the white ones in, in place of the black ones and all went together with no leaks.
Your opinion please ??

Thanks,
Bobby

SLO

Color doesn’t make any difference. However there are several different sizes of cone washers. There is not, one size fits all. Outer dimensions, inner hole dimensions, and thickness are all things that can change. Trying to find one to fit a certain application can be a shot in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Color doesn’t make any difference. However there are several different sizes of cone washers. There is not, one size fits all. Outer dimensions, inner hole dimensions, and thickness are all things that can change. Trying to find one to fit a certain application can be a shot in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply, well, like I said I replaced a white cone seal and there was a black one in there. Its been about a week now and no leaks. I still have my basement door open so I can see my plumbing, I will keep it open for another week and if no leaks I will button it up and forget about it.

Bobby A