Connected Solutions/KibNet

I own a 2020 Landmark Oshkosh with the Same Box as shown. We got back from a trip and it worked fine for two days ON BOTH of our Android Phones and then Suddenly, it was popping up an error message to Pair with the Box.

Does anyone know if I need to do something special?

I have done the Following: I Contacted Walt in Tech Support at Connected Solutions. He sent me useless instructions with no step-by-step fixes.
I have tried the following Procedures:

1) I have UN-Installed the Connected Solutions ("CS APP") app and re-installed it on BOTH phones. 2) I removed ALL bluetooth saved devices and nothing showed up that says, "Connected Solutions" anyway. I removed all of my Headsets and other Devices using the "Forget Button" in my Android Phone 3) I then re-installed the CS App on BOTH phones. 4) I tried again to pair using the Button on the Box. It blinks 30 seconds and stops and not ONCE has the APP found my CS BOX. 5) I then PULLED THE POWER PLUG/Data Interface Blade Plug (one plug) from the side of the CS Box. I waited a Min. I plugged it back in. NO GO. NO BLUETOOTH DEVICE SHOWS UP.

I am using BOTH the CS APP and my BLUETOOTH ANDROID SETTINGS app in the phone to find the device.

I am not a beginner. I am not a "luddite." I was in the PC Motherboard Business and I worked in High Tech in the Silicon Valley for 30 years, and know TECH better than most.

When we first BOUGHT this unit, I had to send the Box to CS to have then reset the software and re-load it and it worked ALL summer last year.

Any suggestions? Are my Steps taken LOGICAL in your experience?
===========================UPDATE ON KIBNET ISSUES====================================
Today is 26 June 2024. I have contacted KIBnet numerous times. They will no longer help me without sending the unit back for the 3rd time, at my Postage Expense both ways.

I contact Heartland formally. They want to charge us nearly $900 for a new unit. I requested that they contact the Manufacturer and they will not do it. I asked them for working used unit. NO CAN DO. We do not want to risk sending it back another time to only be disappointed, after waiting weeks to get our repaired. Walt, the head tech said that MAYBE he can use an employee's Android device to see if it works with Android, because in their WORLD, they do not test the units (Bench Test) using android phones, only Iphones. That was a ludicrous message to me.

My android devices, all four of them, hook up to seven different Bluetooth devices. IT IS NOT OUR PHONES that are not finding the Signal when we push the CONNECT BUTTON.

This KIBnet box, as cool as it is, is NOT reliable. Heartland will not help us. We are done with it! IF ANYONE has any ideas, let me know.

Last edited:

rdp

Same issue, same results here for the most part . Mine worked just fine until the most recent update

Same issue, same results here for the most part . Mine worked just fine until the most recent update
I wonder if Heartland can do something for us? KIBnet's people are tone deaf and not responsive and want to keep charging me over and over again. Mine is on its way back after paying for what amounts to be an UPDATE. This is ridiculous.

Does anyone know if there is a Client Services contact at Heartland who can obtain a newer WORKING unit?

wdk450

Any chance you could get KIB to REMOVE that software update that seems to have caused the problems for you and other users??? Any chance you could talk to their IT engineers?

PS Why don't you tell the KIB folks about the 15,000 members of the Heartland Owners group who are reading this thread???

Mine is on its way back from the Tech Support Group at American Technology Components (ATC). I have been in contact with Walt, the Manager of Tech Support and he got a bit snippy with me when I kept pressing them the FIRST TIME I shipped it back which was in Feb 2023. The unit stopped connecting using Bluetooth, and I had tried EVERYTHING (including removing Bluetooth Cache, removing ALL devices and I tried that approach on TWO nearly new Android Phones (Pixels, good product).

I finally gave up. I asked them WHY they are not updating these Units REMOTELY!! NOPE.

I want you all to know here that I worked in high tech, provided the Very first Hard Disk Drives for the earliest PC's in the 80's. I have overseen Tech Support Groups. I ran Sales and had a stake in, and operated the very first INDEPENDENT MOTHERBOARD COMPANY in the world (we provided Motherboards to Gateway Computers).

I understand tech. EVEN BACK THAT LONG AGO, we could update and flash Chips from our TECH SUPPORT crew for our clients.

In ATC's case, you must PAY SHIPPING BOTH THERE AND BACK for them to SIMPLY FLASH A NEW PROGRAM into these KIBnet units in order to get an UPDATE. This is antiquated THINKING, it is slow (I will be now waiting for nearly a MONTH to get my unit back) and they appear to be YAWNING and irritated when I have pushed for a faster turn-around.

I am not sure if Heartland is aware of this. I doubt it. I bypassed them when they told me to contact ATC, so that policy is weak to useless to us.

Heartland is not nearly as good as I had hoped as compared to my past coaches which included Monaco and Holiday Ramblers and THOSE two companies were SO responsive.

Plus to be perfectly honest here, those Class A Diesel Pusher Coaches have a build quality that provided me with a Pusher that I have owned for 27 years now and it STILL runs, has had FEW HOUSE issues and a few negligible Cummins/Allison Tranny issues, and mostly it was about UPDATES and MAINTENANCE which is costly on those buses.

Thus, I was hoping a simply 5th wheel would be easier to own being that we have no ENGINE, TRANNY, or powertrain issues to deal with. WE SHALL SEE. So far, I have noticed a remarkable LOWER QUALITY with materials, build quality, and some real questions about the FURRION appliances which are not working particularly well for us.

Our oven is acting up. The Refrigerator is fine (works well). The kitchen was laid out in a very idiotic way but we are living with it.

This is my first 5th Wheel towable and I am NOT all that impressed.

I sent mine to KIBnet's owner, AT COMP TWICE and it has failed AGAIN. Now, when I push the pairing button, it blinks and I cannot find the Module in new Bluetooth devices which means that the KIBnet unit is not broadcasting a signal to my Android device.
It worked for a week when we returned this May of 2024 and then failed to work. We shipped it back at our expense both ways and it was returned and STILL does not work.

Walt, their Tech "Manager" admitted that he had made it work ONLY on an Iphone. In HIS world, IPHONES must be the only Phones that are tested at their corporate Tech Support/REPAIR facility which is the HEIGHT of inanity. INSANITY is more like it.

So, I contacted Heartland and, NATURALLY, they are crying "out of warranty" which is SO TYPICAL OF AMERICAN RV MANUFACTURERS who wiggle out of HELPING A CUSTOMER SOLVE PROBLEMS. This is what it has come to. If my 2020 were brand new, they would replace it.
HOWEVER, I AM ARGUING that I HAVE TRIED TWICE to get it reset/repaired/working and even the Manufacturer is wanting us to Mail it back AGAIN, for the 3rd time. How many times do I have to go out of pocket before HEARTLAND LIFTS A PINKY FINGER and offers some "Special support?"

I do not want or expect a new unit, just one that is re-programmed and WORKING WITH BOTH Iphones and ANDROID PHONES. Again, that Walt character is acting like Iphones are the only smart phones being used.
THAT is absurd because there are more ANDROID PHONES SOLD now than Apple phones. This is a known fact.