Connecting DISH Pathfinder X2 in the UDC -- which input connections?

TxCowboy

Which connections do I need to run the cables to? I'm thinking MAIN into the Living Room connection and SEC into the Bedroom connection.

I should NOT be using the LNB inputs, right?

I don't see a DISH installation guide on the manual's listing so asking for your help. :)

danemayer

Jeff,

Take a look at pages 47-48 of the Landmark 365 User Guide. If the Pathway X2 has 2 coax cables coming off the dish, you should be able to connect one to the living room and the other to the bedroom.

You probably also have a set of connections in the bedroom with a jumper. To watch satellite, you have to connect the jumper to the satellite connector in the bedroom, with the other end going to the TV. Depending on your furniture/closet arrangement, you may need to put the bedroom receiver in the closet. If so, the satellite connection from the UDC goes to the receiver and the receiver output goes to the TV connector.

Some of the newer receivers don't have coax outputs in which case you may have to locate it by the TV even if there's no shelf space there. Or you'd have to run an HDMI cable from receiver to TV.

TxCowboy

Thanks, Dan. Found that passage in the Owner's Guide after posting the question. Now dealing with the issue the Pathway X2 can't find any satellites. Guess it's blind but that's something I'll have to work with Winegard.