Considering a big country

Hello everyone this is smokinerb56. Was wandering if anyone could me me some insight on how good the 3560ss is. Does that double slide have any issues. Thanks in advance. Rich

danemayer

Hi Smokinerb56,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you'll get some feedback shortly.

Jim.Allison

Hello everyone this is smokinerb56. Was wandering if anyone could me me some insight on how good the 3560ss is. Does that double slide have any issues. Thanks in advance. Rich

I have a 2014 BC3650RL, I ordered it online about June 2013, and received it in October 2013. I drove from San Antonio, Texas to Hamilton, Oh. to pick it up from my dealer just to save the freight. We enjoyed the trip both ways. I have never had to take my rig for warranty work, there were a few stupid things wrong but nothing a small set of tools, and a little effort can not take care of. We love the BC and get a lot of compliments on it wherever we go. I like the idea of ordering because you can eliminate the options that dealers order to cause you to ooooo and ahhhhhhh on the lot. For example we eliminated the fireplace which gave us more cabinet space, and the very expensive vacuum, which we were able to purchase an equal or better for less money. If I were to order another I would eliminate anything which I could buy elsewhere. For example I would not order a premium sound system, there is plenty of room to install a nice sound system that will put perform the system installed by heartland. I eliminated the OEM sound system and installed a Yamaha 500 watt receiver and 4 speakers and a subwoofer. Less money and better quality.

So yes I love the BC, and with my small customizations, its perfect.

I have a 2014 BC3650RL, I ordered it online about June 2013, and received it in October 2013. I drove from San Antonio, Texas to Hamilton, Oh. to pick it up from my dealer just to save the freight. We enjoyed the trip both ways. I have never had to take my rig for warranty work, there were a few stupid things wrong but nothing a small set of tools, and a little effort can not take care of. We love the BC and get a lot of compliments on it wherever we go. I like the idea of ordering because you can eliminate the options that dealers order to cause you to ooooo and ahhhhhhh on the lot. For example we eliminated the fireplace which gave us more cabinet space, and the very expensive vacuum, which we were able to purchase an equal or better for less money. If I were to order another I would eliminate anything which I could buy elsewhere. For example I would not order a premium sound system, there is plenty of room to install a nice sound system that will put perform the system installed by heartland. I eliminated the OEM sound system and installed a Yamaha 500 watt receiver and 4 speakers and a subwoofer. Less money and better quality.

So yes I love the BC, and with my small customizations, its perfect.
Thank you Jim and Amy, my wife (LuAnn) and I had a silverback and went to the rv show in Hershey Pa a couple of weeks ago and couldn't make up our mind between the BC, big horn, and a cardinal. Really liked the bedroom space in the Bc3560ss but was concerned about the double slide having issues. What's the quality difference between a BC and the big horn??

danemayer

What's the quality difference between a BC and the big horn??
Big Horn and Big Country (and Landmark 365) are all built on the same manufacturing line. Quality is the same and all three models come with a warranty that covers full-time use.

Thank you Dan and Ann, trying to learn how to navigate around this and make sure I'm replying to the right people. We are looking for a new rig and can't decide between a Big Horn or Big Country. Both have good features. Seems that you get a little of what you want in each rig. Thanks Rich

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks we will keep looking!!

We were thinking of ordering a 2018 Big Country 3560SS at the Goshen Rally in June to get the Rally Price and any Rebate from Heartland.
We took the tour of Deb & Gerry's 2017 BC3560SS at the Marshall, Michigan Rally.
I love the 3560SS layout, the only negative for me is not having a Molded Rear Cap, which could be a game changer.
I've heard a few negative comments at the Marshall Rally on the 2017 Big Country because of that back cap & bumper.
The Big Country is Labeled as a Luxury unit by Heartland, but that rear cap & bumper does not reflex that label.
Heartland has made the Big Country look cheap by that move.
Landmark has the same floor plan in the Oshkosh model for a lot more money.
I have been doing research on SOB's to see what's available in the market place.
I love my present Big Country, but believe that Heartland took a huge step backwards.
There is an RV show in Novi, Michigan 5 Oct to 9 Oct & I'm going to check out some new rigs.
I hope & pray that Heartland will change their mind on that back cap & bumper on the Big Country for the 2018 model year.
Hockster

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
To me the three lines are distinctly different, with features/details being the difference. The quality of the construction process is probably the same, as Dan said. But options, features and details determine the "level" and price.

With no rear cap, Big Country is the "entry level" luxury model.

We compared the BigCountry 4010RD with the BigHorn 3950RD. Both are very similar. However, things like back cap, residential fridge standard, individual slide operation buttons, and others, separate the BH from BC. Go up one more "level" and you're in a Landmark.

If you are trying to decide between BC and BH, start with the features that are a "must have" and work from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SNOKING

For me it is:

Rear cap = lets look
No rear cap = lets walk

We started looking at the Big Horn 3270 and ended up with the 3575el for the larger shower and retaining the king bed. Bit longer than we originally wanted. But a couple months after buying the 3575el DW sold our home to the lady in the next chair at a beauty salon!!! (long story)

So now we are living in the 39'4" trailer and enjoyed the high roof line which makes it feel more like a small apartment. Love the extra counter space in the butlers pantry area of the 3575el.

Chris

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
We took delivery of our 3560ss in June and love it. I couldn't tell you how many tours we have given and almost all were impressed with the layout and content. Myself, the rear cap is not a make or break thing since it really is just a looks thing, but everyone has there preferences. It may not be as important to me because we previously had an Elk Ridge. As far as our unit, we have had no major issues although we do have a number of trim issues that will be taken care of soon. We both love the layout and the extra room in the bedroom that the slide in slide gives us.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We have had 2 Big Countrys over the years, loving each one. The 2008 3250 we had for 5 years as weekend warriors camper. The 2012 3650 we lived in for 18 monthsbecuz of hubby's work. Both campers were sturdy, not having any major issues.

Yes Travel Tiger I realize the BC is entry level of Luxury, but up until the 2017 model it has had a Molded Rear Cap.
Why did Heartland decide to go cheap on the model that is a popular seller.
I've been RV'ing for over 45yrs and have had more than a couple of rigs & do a lot or research before I buy, but I just don't understand this move by Heartland.
Hockster

SNOKING

Yes Travel Tiger I realize the BC is entry level of Luxury, but up until the 2017 model it has had a Molded Rear Cap.
I've been RV'ing for over 45yrs and have had more than a couple of rigs & do a lot or research before I buy, but I just don't understand this move by Heartland.
Hockster

There is a bit of an industry trend to not install rear caps. Take Grand Design, none of their trailers have rear caps. Montana's have to be optioned just so to get a rear cap. Like you I do not understand this move across the industry. I well designed rear cap will help mileage slightly, as any square corner front or back hurts mileage.

Chris

TravelTiger

Hockster

Likely it was cut to add other features. It's all a numbers game. Instead of rear cap, maybe they have upgraded lighting, heated recliners, larger fridge, separate slide valves, real wood slide facia, larger tv with soundbar, MCD shades, better tires, frameless windows, etc......

Jim.Allison

Thank you Jim and Amy, my wife (LuAnn) and I had a silverback and went to the rv show in Hershey Pa a couple of weeks ago and couldn't make up our mind between the BC, big horn, and a cardinal. Really liked the bedroom space in the Bc3560ss but was concerned about the double slide having issues. What's the quality difference between a BC and the big horn??

I do not know because when I purchased I went through all the models on a local lot, I could not distinguish between them as far a quality was concerned.

We optioned a BC off Heartlands website. So we kind of knew what we were looking for. Then we started looking online because our local dealer would not work with us. Once we found an online dealer, in Hamilton Oh. we were given many options, including leaving out some things, and adding others. I believe the molded rear cap was optional, and I did select that. I also selected double pain tinted windows (highly recommended), they are expensive though.

I did not know (as some have stated) that the BC is an entry level luxury model, But if it is, then my suggestion is to find a good online seller or local that will work with you, order the BC and get all the bells a whistles. I love my rig, and so do other people when they see it. I do not see how you can beat the fit and finish of my cabinets and interior. And I do not know how you can get a better model other than putting some different decals on it.

As far as my slide outs are concerned, I have not had any problems with them. There is a lot going on under those slide outs, but if they are adjusted properly I cannot see where they are a problem. Perhaps others have had problems.

TravelTiger

"Entry level" Luxury was my term, not anyone else's. I don't mean it to be derogatory. I mean it is the lowest model of the luxury units that Heartland makes, an entry point into the full-time rated models.

And personally, I love ours!!