Construction methods used in Cyclone production

hubjad

I am in the market for a fifth wheel toy hauler and I am very interested in the Cyclone 4100 King. I would like to know the construction process used for the walls, floor, roof, ramp etc. For example does Heartland use Vacuum laminated walls. Do they use a Lippert frame or build their own. How are the slides constructed and insulated. Any information would be useful. Thank you.

danemayer

Hi hubjad,

You might do best to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for AJ, the Toy Hauler General Manager. He or someone on his team can answer your questions.

jimtoo

Hi hubjad,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

This is link to HeartlandRVs site about Cyclones. They do use the Lippert frame and they are also constructed with aluminum frame walls. I'm sure some of the other members will jump in with more info for you.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
We have a great video on the construction of our units on youtube please check out the following link.

Moderator Edit: This might be the intended link.
https://youtu.be/zbVZ2mMATzo

thanks,

AJ Jones

OEFVET

The video should answer many of your questions. However I took a factory tour a few months back in June. As AJ stated during the tour, "we have designed a toyhauler that can sustain the stress of a 5.0 earthquake." Because after all driving down our roads will no doubt duplicate that type of stress. I've had mine for 9 months now. I will tell you they are built well. That being said, there will be some issues but it is common for all toyhaulers to have issues. IMHO the (QC) quality control inspections are not always consistent. This is the weak link in IMHO because it is up to the individual dealers to identify and correct these issues. AJ and his team are receptive to design ideas you will have. Also worth noting is as better designs are developed they are rolled out as soon as possible. Not waiting for the next years product line. Good luck in your research.