Construction Traffic Alert

olcoon

Just thought I'd pass this along for anyone interested. I-35 North of Kansas City is a MAJOR mess due to road construction. Just depending on what time (rush hour) you go through there you can expect some major traffic backups. Actually anytime would be a bad time in my opinion! This will be going on until the end of the year...so they say. From what I've seen it's mainly the NB lane, but there are some back-up's in the SB lane also. Unless you like to drive in slow traffic with some stop & go traffic I'd advise detouring around this area if possible. I've included a LINK from MODOT that shows all the road construction in Missouri. If you are coming through Kansas City on I-35 and would like some suggestions on how to detour around this mess you can PM me & I'll help out.

Piperflyer

I'll be driving from I-70 to I-29N through Kansas City in a week. Will there be any problems through that stretch?

olcoon

You shouldn't have, what the issue is on I-35 is a major reconstruction of the exit/entrance ramps, and new bridges. I don't know of much construction going on on I-29. If you are needing someplace to spend the night in the KC area, there is a good campground in Platte City the site of our MO rally, and there are some campgrounds in the St. Joseph area. If you spend the night in St. Joseph, there are some pretty interesting places to visit there. The Pony Express started there & the Pony Express barn is an museum, also Jesse James was killed there and the house he was killed in is also a museum.

Roy