Continued problem with Sealand toilet (Sealand 210)

OverFT5

I have found that the bowl won't hold water on ours if we don't let the pedal snap up when flushing. I flush and hold it down so that extra water goes down for a while and then slip my foot off of the pedal and let it snap up. I can see that it doesn't close completely towards the back of the opening if I don't do this.
We have had that same problem. Today we put in a new ball and spring, and while at it a new set of seals. The seals were different than the originals, we were worried we had got the wrong ones. We packed everything with silicon lube. Once back together, it is smooth, quiet, and it holds water. So, we're pretty happy. The only problem now is I think I cleaned the insides too well, as we now have a leak at the floor seal. We'll get one of those on Monday... looks pretty easy to fix that problem. Hope it keeps working this well!

wingfoot

My toilet is fixed!!!!! I talked to Heidi at Sealand and told all the things I had done and also the dealer had performed (two new seals). Also, I told her about the Vaseline, pledge fix to no avail. I was ready to have someone perform an exorcism on my toilet. Then she asked what my seal looked like...I said a black rubber thingy about four inches across with a off-white disc...She said "you've got the old style seal you need the new and improved one." OK, I said send me one...and she did, freight paid and no-charge..How's that for customer satisfaction..she knew my 5r was an 08' too.

If your new seal doesn't look like this...you ain't got the right one for a model #210 Sealand.
I've also attached some pictures of the non-working seal.

Correct Seal.JPGRight Seal.

Wrong seal (has been relplaced).jpg wrong seal.

Pkg. with part number.jpgPackage with part number

Last edited:

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
final report on my potty trouble. Ours is Dometic 310 which does not have replaceable flush ball. Dometic sent entire toilet to us and easy install; we are flush again. Thanks Dometic and Camping World for doing the warranty.

Wmnmy

final report on my potty trouble. Ours is Dometic 310 which does not have replaceable flush ball. Dometic sent entire toilet to us and easy install; we are flush again. Thanks Dometic and Camping World for doing the warranty.
Good for you I have no leaks or smell now that I installed the new toilet dometic sent me fast great service and now kool product .....

olcoon

We've been having the same problem with the water leaking out on our Dometic 310 . I finally dug out the book, and in it it states:
To avoid damaging the seal, Do not use:
Abrasives (Comet, Soft Scrub cleansers, etc.
Caustic chemicals (Drano clog remover, etc.
Lubricants and cleaners containing alcohols or petroleum distillates (Pam cooking spray, Pine-Sol cleaner, WD-40 Lubricant, etc.)

Last edited: