Converter's Quit

BarneyFife

Alright. We're gonna go for it. If I get back on here Monday in a really foul mood, either it didn't work or something else broke on this camper. ;)

wdk450

One more quick note I should have mentioned. We'll be on generator power this weekend. Our races are out in the middle of nowhere and if you don't bring water and power, you do without. I'll have a good charger and I'll also bring my big jump starter just in case. But with being on generator power, that shouldn't cause any additional issues, should it? Once we start it the first time, it won't be turned off til the next day when we leave.

Barney:
I had my converter get soaked with water and get destroyed from the black tank flusher breaking while I was 400 miles from home on my 6 week trip to Gillette. I got a battery charger at WalMart for about $40, wired it on to the battery system, and plugged it into an outlet in the storage compartment. I also picked up a new Converter, but didn't install it for about a week. I ran fine on the battery charger (which won't know if you are plugged in or on generator) during that time.

Have a good trip.

BarneyFife

Just wanted to thank everyone here for the "battery charger guidance". We arrived Saturday afternoon at the track and after starting the generator, I plugged in my battery charger, set it on a 15amp charge, hooked it straight to the battery, and it ran like that until late Sunday afternoon. Everything worked like normal with the 12volt stuff.

Seems every trip we take, this Cyclone tries to let us down. But you guys saved the weekend for the family. We have our last race next weekend and we're gonna do the same setup. Then in November, it goes back to RV Outlet with a looooong list of failed parts to be repaired; the converter being at the top of that list.

Thanks again y'all. :)