Convince me on a Cyclone 4000 over a Fuzion 404.

lakings10

I have always been a Cyclone guy, have owned 2 Cyclones and one Road Warrior. Well I pretty much have chosen the Fuzion 404 over the 4000. I like the frameless windows, the back up camera, universal remote, pub seating, etc. I also like the colors a little better in the fuzion. Why should I choose the Cyclone and not the fuzion?

remoandiris

I have not seen a 404 in person, but from online pics, the 2014 404 is nicer than the 2014 4000, IMO. Fireplace is completely in the open, and it has a dinette. IIRC, a dinette in the 4000 is now an option instead of the pseudo theater seating. If you like the 3-season room/garage option, is the garage truly 12' in the 404? It is not in the 4000. 404 looks like it may have more kitchen storage, too. Bathroom access from the bedroom as well. Only thing I don't like is the dinette table sticks out into the walking area and the 4000 has a bathtub which I prefer, just because it is larger than the 404 shower stall.

lakings10

I have not seen a 404 in person, but from online pics, the 2014 404 is nicer than the 2014 4000, IMO. Fireplace is completely in the open, and it has a dinette. IIRC, a dinette in the 4000 is now an option instead of the pseudo theater seating. If you like the 3-season room/garage option, is the garage truly 12' in the 404? It is not in the 4000. 404 looks like it may have more kitchen storage, too. Bathroom access from the bedroom as well. Only thing I don't like is the dinette table sticks out into the walking area and the 4000 has a bathtub which I prefer, just because it is larger than the 404 shower stall.

Ive walked through both back to back and just keep going back to the 404. The garage is just under 12ft.

porthole

Retired
I have always been a Cyclone guy, have owned 2 Cyclones and one Road Warrior. Well I pretty much have chosen the Fuzion 404 over the 4000. I like the frameless windows, the back up camera, universal remote, pub seating, etc. I also like the colors a little better in the fuzion. Why should I choose the Cyclone and not the fuzion?

I've walked through both back to back and just keep going back to the 404.

Convince me on a Cyclone 4000 over a Fuzion 404

Sounds like you convinced yourself.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
There are ALOT of benefits of a Cyclone 4000 over a Fuzion 404. First and most important I can tell you with confidence that Heartland builds the BEST toy haulers in the industry!! You will notice that we have had the 4000 out for well over a year, and Fuzion's knock-off version of this is there new latest and greatest floor plan. We like to call this R&D research and duplication because they are always trying to catch up to Cyclone, but showing up over a year late to the dance. When it comes to features you will notice the Cyclone has a much larger bedroom area that comes with a King Bed Std. and the 4000 has nearly twice the bedroom storage as a 404. Not only is there a full closet in the front of the unit, with washer / dryer prep. There is also a full 6 Drawer dresser that the 404 does not offer. All of the new 4000 Cyclones also come with a HUGE picture window and pop out 32" TV that is facing the door side of the unit for unbelievable views on the camp side of your unit. When you get to the bathroom the 4000 is much larger with a true residential one piece fiberglass 60"x30" sunken tub (which provides an addition 5" of height not to mention the additional 6" in the HUGE skylight) Fuzion is only using a 2 piece ABS plastic tub. The door way going into the bedroom sounds great until you look at the gap above the doorway. This means that every time one of your guests comes in to use the bathroom you will hear and SMELL every thing going on in there. We also have a under mounted sink for easy clean up, much more counter top space, and 4 electrical outlets for running multiple styling accessory's. When going to the living area you will notice that the Cyclone is using a much larger 50" flat screen compared to the much smaller 46" in the Fuzion. We are also using a true 5.1 Digital Dolby surround sound with 5 speakers and built in subwoofer, not a sound bar. Cyclone also have much more storage in our entertainment center (and all of our new units have the fireplace centered) not behind the couch. We are also using Broyhill furniture that is built in the USA off of a plywood base, with a life time warrantee, and built in electric recliners. Fuzion uses Lauren Ashley furniture that is made in China that does not have a lifetime warrantee. Our couch is also much more functional where we have a recliner that is right in front of the TV for a true L- shaped couch, Fuzion only has a std. couch with a long chase at the end of it that does not have a back to it, this is not very comfortable and it also does not give you a very good TV viewing area. When going into the kitchen while both are very similar you we actually have a notice that we have more storage because of the depth in our pantry. Fuzions pantry is inside the unit and only 12" deep ours is built into the slide out and is much deeper. And we are now offering a new feature in the 4000 that we just released. You can now order a 4000 Cyclone with a 23 cu. ft. residential French door refrigerator (almost twice the size of there upgraded 12 cu. ft. refer. The residential refer option also has 2 x 6V batteries (much better for dry camping) and also has a separate 1000Watt inverter that is hooked up directly to the refer and will go up to 48 hours with out needing to recharge your batteries (which is very easily done while your truck is towing it down the road, or simply firing up your generator). When going into the garage area the Cyclone is also a clear winner, Fuzion uses OSB in there garage floor (and slide out floors) where we use a much more durable and stronger ply wood. Our garages also come with a separate 12V DVD/CP/MP3 player that is hooked up directly to your optional 32" TV in the garage. The Cyclone also uses residential style furniture on the happy jack bed system and built in wanes coating to give it a true residential feel. The 3 seasons wall is a great option (we are the ones who created it 2 years ago) unforchunetly we only had one year of exclusivity on it. When going to the exterior of the unit you will notice that we also have many benefits with our patent pending 88 degree turning radius, correct track alignment system, we do not use frameless windows (they look pretty but nearly double your chances for window leaks and cut your ventilation in the coach down by 2/3). We also use aluminum framing and gussets around every window and door way Fuzion has no framing around its windows and simply frames in Styrofoam. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XXOPJs4Vc4 You will notice in this video that they have a fancy CNC machine to route there walls but what you will notice is that there is no aluminum framing around there windows!!! We also have skirting that is nearly 3 X thicker and actually attached and wrapped to the chassis rail and fastened to it, where Fuzion simply J-hooks it underneath. We have much larger un-obstructed pass through storage that uses metal bag slam latch's (not plastic ones that Fuzion uses). We also use magnetic baggage door holders that are much more convenient. Our tail lights are also in the sight of motorist on the side of the unit (Fuzion mounts there tail lights very low at the bumper level) they can not be seen when loading toys and are much less visible while driving down the road. Our patio awnings are also electric with built in LED lights at the end so you can actually have light in the evening on the patio. Another reason to consider us, is the National Stats we have been the #1 selling toy hauler for over 3 years now. In the latest stats provided for 2014 we have outsold Fuzion by over 123 units in only 2 months (Jan / Feb 223 vs. 100) and continue to grow at a rapid rate where as Fuzion is down nearly 30% (29.1 % exactly) I hope that I have answered most of your questions and have help to persuade you to stay in the Heartland family, but if not please feel free to call me personally any time at the Factory (574) 266-3786. Which is another benefit to Heartland is the owners form and constant communication with the factory that I can assure you will not find with other toy hauler manufacturers. We try to always have an open line of communication where most manufactures do not, as well as we offer plant tours any day Monday - Friday during business hours where most manufactures are only on a scheduled time once or twice a month. I hope we can continue to earn your business and keep you in the Heartland family!!

porthole

Retired
Could have summed it up with just this AJ.

as well as we offer plant tours any day Monday - Friday during business hours where most manufactures are only on a scheduled time once or twice a month.

Buying our first new trailer, the Cyclone, was huge for us. I made the trip to Elkhart and toured 4 factories and "tried" to tour Keystone. Heartland, Sunnybrook, KZ and Forrest River were no problem, Keystone on the other hand..... Anyway, I did manage to get to see keystones under various assembly points.

It was the factory tours that determined a Cyclone would be ordered.

In the end, the money spent for a plane ticket, hotel for a couple of nights and rental car was well worth the investment, both money and education.

Last edited:

ADIRKS30

"First and most important I can tell you with confidence that Heartland builds the BEST toy haulers in the industry"
I am not convinced, have had quite a few problems with my 2014 Cyclone

"The door way going into the bedroom sounds great until you look at the gap above the doorway."
Really?? I don`t understand how you can brag on this, I own a 2014 Cyclone and it has very large gaps above and below the doors.

"When you get to the bathroom the 4000 is much larger with a true residential one piece fiberglass 60"x30" sunken tub"
But, in the case of my brothers 2014 Heartland, the wonderful tub was installed out of level so 1/2 of water stands in it, opposite the drain.

"Our patio awnings are also electric with built in LED lights at the end so you can actually have light in the evening on the patio"
The wonderful LED lights on our awning shorted out, almost starting our 2014 Cyclone on fire.

Having owned and stayed in a Heartland Cyclone for approx 3 moths now off and on, there are features about the Cyclone that I do like, but I honestly do not believe that everything is as perfect as it sounds.

misty

Cyclone also have much more storage in our entertainment center (and all of our new units have the fireplace centered)

We took delivery of a 2015 4000 2 weeks ago. My understanding was the fireplace had been moved, but ours is definitely not centered and is blocked by the couch by just a couple inches, but still....I don't understand how that ever made it through the design process. Centered or on the right makes much more sense than blocked by the couch.

The 404 was a unit we looked at pretty seriously as well. For us, we preferred the love seat next to the fridge over the banquette in the 404. We also liked the bedroom and bathroom better on the 4000. Ultimately price was a huge factor for us. We got a lot better deal on our 4000 than we could get on a 404. Dealer reputation played a role in our decision as well. We've been hearing a lot of nightmares from friends about the service they are getting from our local Fuzion dealer. We were not impressed with their sales tactics either when we went in to check them out. The Cyclone dealer we worked with was great and so far we are happy with the service we have received. We do have issues that need to be worked out (the seat closest to the fireplace on our couch tips forward off the slide when you sit in it. You cant recline it at all because of this. We have a few other minor issues as well). We will see if that great service continues. Good luck with your decision!

remoandiris

Having owned and stayed in a Heartland Cyclone for approx 3 moths now off and on, there are features about the Cyclone that I do like, but I honestly do not believe that everything is as perfect as it sounds.

Completely agree. I will not buy another HL product until I run thru all the other marques out there first. If Jayco starts building a floorplan similar to the 4000 or Keystone's 404, I'll go back to Jayco.

NCskibum

My build 2015 3110HD arrived last week, completely impressed with this rig, coming from forest river and crossroads in the past, I dont feel ripped off, Heartland has quality, plus the regional rep gave me his cell#, called it twice, picked up twice, answered my questions that the dealer could not, Fuzion was nice, but had to have a darker color rig and a lighter Pin weight. Good luck

(and all of our new units have the fireplace centered) not behind the couch.
we are now offering a new feature in the 4000 that we just released. You can now order a 4000 Cyclone with a 23 cu. ft. residential French door refrigerator

:mad: bummer, the fireplace placement was the main reason i didn't go with the 4000, which was really my favorite floor plan. Had these options been available or even announced I would have made a different choice.... such is life, I guess I will learn to love the long straight couch.