Correct tire pressure for tires on LM 365

DWH

What is the correct tire pressure for the 17.5" tires on the LM 365 coaches. I always ran with 110 on the 16" tires on my present San Antonio. I have read on the forum I believe everything from 110 to 135. Can someone give adifinitive max cold pressure. I don't want to just ask dealer when I pick up coach in a month or so. I personally have has dealer personnel give me strange answers to tire pressure questions. Like 85# for the 16" good years on my current LM. Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Doug Hoeffner
LM SanAntonio
LM 365 on the way

EPaulikonis

The Goodyear 17.5" tires have a range of 90-125 psi according to the Goodyear service chart. Max pressure of 125psi covers 4,806lb. on single and 4,540lb. on a double tire setup. Need to pick up your rig and get a good weight to determine individual wheel weight to set the optimal pressure.

hoefler

I just switched our Mt. Rushmore to 17.5's. With the 16" tires previously on it, I ran the max on the sidewall, 105 psi. With the 17.5's, the max is 125 psi, which gives me 6000 pound capacity on each tire and wheel. Using the manufacture's load / pressure chart, 80 psi gives me 4000 pound capacity, I need 3500. First trip out, netted me a reduction in fuel mileage of 1.8 mpg. The tire temps were 20*-25* degrees higher than the truck tires, the 16's ran about the same as the truck. I am going to run max on our next outing next week.

EPaulikonis

I'm with you on using more pressure than what's required. I run my Landmark at 120psi which is well above what actual weight dictates for individual tires according to the chart. Helps with better mileage and keeps cooler temps during the haul along with better overall tire wear.

I just switched our Mt. Rushmore to 17.5's. With the 16" tires previously on it, I ran the max on the sidewall, 105 psi. With the 17.5's, the max is 125 psi, which gives me 6000 pound capacity on each tire and wheel. Using the manufacture's load / pressure chart, 80 psi gives me 4000 pound capacity, I need 3500. First trip out, netted me a reduction in fuel mileage of 1.8 mpg. The tire temps were 20*-25* degrees higher than the truck tires, the 16's ran about the same as the truck. I am going to run max on our next outing next week.

danemayer

hoefler,

I suggest you recheck the load capacity on your tires, as well as the inflation/load charts. You didn't mention what tires you have, but Goodyear G114 17.5" tires have nowhere near the capacity you mention at the inflation you mention. Maybe a different tire does, but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Eric provided a link to the Goodyear charts in post #3.

porthole

Retired
I'm sure we are as heavy as any Landmark out there and have been running 17.5's for over 5 years now.
When I tried 125 PSI I could see a definite center wear pattern.
I now run 110 or 115 cold depending on the garage load. Tire wire is even for over 20,000 miles.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hoefler

hoefler,

I suggest you recheck the load capacity on your tires, as well as the inflation/load charts. You didn't mention what tires you have, but Goodyear G114 17.5" tires have nowhere near the capacity you mention at the inflation you mention. Maybe a different tire does, but I'd be surprised if that's the case.

Eric provided a link to the Goodyear charts in post #3.

ROADMASTER RM170 235/75R17.5 Made by Cooper Tire.

GWRam

Check the manufacturer of your tire. They should have a weight / PSI chart. Use pressure your unit requires after running it over the scales. Until you weigh your unit run tires at max sidewall psi allowed.

Slightly off topic, but at the foundation of the psi equation. Since your getting a new unit, run it over the scales on the way home before loading it with stuff, it will give you a good dry weight reference. The unit will most likely not be truly empty again.

Our 17.5" J rated Continental HTL2 are wearing evenly at 125psi. Based on Continental weight load chart I could run them at a lower pressure based on our unit weight. As long as they keep wearing evenly and running at cool temp I'm sticking with the 125psi.