Counter top upgrade

carl.swoyer

The cost of buying a new rig to keep up with the new design is a bit expensive. Therefore IV been modifying my 2012 Rushmore. I do like the lighted edge of the new counters . So my question is how can I modify my Rushmore counters with the new lighted edge. Carl and Christine Swoyer.

Carl & Christine, 2012 Landmark Rushmore, 2005 Silverado crew cab lt 8 foot bed 6.6 lly /Allison -custom dual exhaust-198000 miles !

Last edited by a moderator:

Bones

I have explored counter top materials and so far it has been very problematic to find something for a DIY'er but I have found this place. Solid surface They seem to sell sheets of corian type material and I have learned how they make the edges. You can do it at home with some tools and glues. I would imagine that they use some type of translucent material with a light strip behind it glued to the edge and then stacked.

I will admit that this is an awesome feature and I do like it.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I have explored counter top materials and so far it has been very problematic to find something for a DIY'er but I have found this place. Solid surface They seem to sell sheets of corian type material and I have learned how they make the edges. You can do it at home with some tools and glues. I would imagine that they use some type of translucent material with a light strip behind it glued to the edge and then stacked.

I will admit that this is an awesome feature and I do like it.

Corian....my father's paying vocation was remodeling kitchens and bathrooms. Back in the day, before some of today's extrusions, you purchased corian sheets. Although it is significant harder than wood, duh, you use woodworking tools to cut to fit and finish.
So to upgrade buy a sheet (s). You'll need good power tools, table saw, saber saw, circular saw, belt sander, router, etc. and make your open replacement.
If you're into the attitude lighting undermount a strip of led lights.