Crack in Body and Interior above Master Bed Slde

Bones

We have a 2014 Gateway 3650 BH - and we took it out this weekend and noticed a crack on the outside, and all the way to the inside on the master bedroom main wall above the slide for the bed. Anyone else have this happen?

Do you have any pictures? I am experiencing movement of my trim and expansion joint?

So we are having it fixed at Orangewood RV in Sun City, AZ (great shop). They found that there was a screw placed where it was not needed (or it was too large) and most likely the crack started when the screw was put in, and it has taken 2 years to get bigger. Since we have had no other work done in that area, I have to assume that Heartland placed the screw upon assembly. This was an expensive fix for us.
20170517_103948.jpg

Bones

So we are having it fixed at Orangewood RV in Sun City, AZ (great shop). They found that there was a screw placed where it was not needed (or it was too large) and most likely the crack started when the screw was put in, and it has taken 2 years to get bigger. Since we have had no other work done in that area, I have to assume that Heartland placed the screw upon assembly. This was an expensive fix for us.
View attachment 51803
Did you talk to heartland about this?

Did you talk to heartland about this?

Heartland was informed of the original cracks and we would have had to take it to them to fix it. I sent them pictures to advise them that it was not in the frame, but from a screw so they would know. It was 1 year out of warranty, so unless we drove 1800 miles and leave it with them, they will do nothing. That is 3 days of driving, plus a week there, and 3 days back. We are not retired, so do not have that kind of time. So we got it fixed ourselves. about $3,500 fix since both outside and inside wall had to be fixed.