Cracks found underneath main slideout....

bowhunt73

Has anyone else noticed cracks underneath / bottom of their slide outs? I have two cracks in my main slide. I noticed it prior to the expiration of my warranty and the dealer noted it. Haven't pursued a resolution yet since it's in storage. I'll post pics tonight. Having issues with the one here at work.

There is a black material (maybe some type of plastic) that covers the entire bottom of the slide. There are two cracks. They run the width or depth of the slide. So, it could be related to the opening or closing of the slide.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'll be taking it in sometime in March.

thanks.

Randall.

jbeletti

Wondering if it could be scratches/gouges rather than cracks? When you check it, check under the carpet flap with the slide all the way out. See if there's a screw or other debris caught on the plastic track the runs the length of the slide on the floor of the coach (a track that does not move with the slide).

As for noting this in your dealer's file, this is not the same as having it logged with Heartland. Check with your dealer to get their sense of whether they will cover this as a warranty item - regardless of what the fix is.

bowhunt73

Thanks for the info. I'll check those screws. The cracks or scratches were not in a straight line if I remember correctly. One more month and then I'll do some checking. Thanks.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
That looks like the bottom of the slide floor. Cant tell if its a crack or scratch. HL does have a repair kit to touch up the slide bottoms.