Creaking noise

bigdob24

Have noticed that sometimes after setup is done and after we are in bed that there is a noticeable creak that seems to be coming from the hydraulic system .
its happened two different nights, and it might last for an hour than it quits. The noise happens about every 10-15 mins apart, no vibration or movement is noticed just a pop.
i have went out and of coarse it stops. Not sure if it has something to do with the extra weight of two people in the bedroom .
The oil tank is full when checked in the retracted position, and all looks good and tight.
wondered if anyone has experienced this on there rig.
It also seems to happen when the setup calls for the front landing gear to be extended out further to get level.

Jim.Allison

Not experiencing that in my BC3650RL. My philosophy is that there are no ghost or mysteries on equipment. It may be a mystery to us but they have experienced it all. Call Heartland Im sure they know what is causing it.

Have noticed that sometimes after setup is done and after we are in bed that there is a noticeable creak that seems to be coming from the hydraulic system .
its happened two different nights, and it might last for an hour than it quits. The noise happens about every 10-15 mins apart, no vibration or movement is noticed just a pop.
i have went out and of coarse it stops. Not sure if it has something to do with the extra weight of two people in the bedroom .
The oil tank is full when checked in the retracted position, and all looks good and tight.
wondered if anyone has experienced this on there rig.
It also seems to happen when the setup calls for the front landing gear to be extended out further to get level.

donr827

You might also try putting some wood under the jacks to reduce the amount you need to extend the jacks.Don

bigdob24

Finally got around to doing the fix Lippert recommends .
I found one of the fluids at a local motorcycle shop"Maxama Fork Oil" and the price was only 10 bucks for a qt.
Drained and replaced the fluid just as Lippert suggested , very easy if you have one of the small transfer pumps .
Not even too messy if your careful.
Going out the end of the week and will let you know if it worked or if I need to put in the second qt.

bigdob24

Have been out a couple times and it seems to have eliminated the creaking noise.
If it happens again will add the second qt per the instructions.
It was an easy fix.