Creeking or Popping?

TeleBack

Hello,

Our new Landmark has the Autolevel system. It has the round tubular front landing gear with the 9" round pads.

We have had our camper in place on a cement pad for about two weeks now.

We are hearing noises (too frequently for me), that to me, sound like the front jacks are creeping up or down. It's kinda sounds like new leaf springs settling in, but louder, and it comes from the front of the camper. DW thinks is sounds like the front jack pads are creeping on the concrete.

These are somewhat loud and are beginning to get disturbing because it seems like something is wrong!! At first I wrote it off as the camper "settling in" but not any more.

Anyone have any ideas or guidance? Thanks!

GOTTOYS

It's been discussed on here before. Do a search and you should find some info on it...Don

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the same issue for quite awhile...then I realized, it happened most at our RV lot in Texas, which is sloped to one side for runoff. I put 4x4 blocks under the legs on the side where the legs had the "longest stroke"...problem solved! It's never made another "POP"!! Seems if the legs have too stroke to long it generates these sounds, at least for us....give it a try!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Ken, you are on to something there! Last week in Lancaster we were really high on the door side of the camper. So much so that the first step into the camper was 20 inches high. We had that popping occasionally throughout the weekend. This weekend no popping at all on a level site!