Cummins and Ram might Duke it out

Power247

I don't think there is much to see here. EPA found an issue and neither company want to be liable. It isn't as much about the money as it is about the blame. I haven't seen any official documentation regarding the contract between RAM and Cummins but since I already have one and don't plan on upgrading trucks anytime soon... they can do what they want for now. Who knows, a Fiat diesel in a RAM might be the best thing since sliced bread. But then again, there's no telling if we will ever see one either.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

Sarge

I hope so but you never know. :cool: I think a lot of the emission woes have me thinking for down the road though.

My RAM was re-registered from Kalifornistan to our AZ property.

Zero emissions testing required and saved over $850 the first year between registration fees and insurance.

When the warranty expires - I'll mod/tune the truck and delete the DEF system...

Sarge

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Sarge: Regardless of some opinions, you will love the Ram deleted....My 11 ram was deleted and avg was 23 mpg and 18 under tow...
It ran as it was designed to do! I sold the ram with all the original equipment as well and the buyer kept it deleted....no issues in over 150,000 miles with it.
When the 16 Ram is out of the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty I may do it again.

alexb2000

Sarge: Regardless of some opinions, you will love the Ram deleted....My 11 ram was deleted and avg was 23 mpg and 18 under tow...
It ran as it was designed to do! I sold the ram with all the original equipment as well and the buyer kept it deleted....no issues in over 150,000 miles with it.
When the 16 Ram is out of the 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty I may do it again.

So you gained roughly 60% fuel economy by deleting emissions?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
No, I was getting 19.5-20 mpg from the factory for the first 25,000 miles but then they flashed my truck and it went down to 15 mpg....Yes the deletes added substantially but I didn't put a pencil to the %...
From my original 19.5 -20MPG to the deleted mpg wasn't 60%

Bones

Even though it may not be 60% I still think that is a good gain. I wish some of those yo yo's would figure out a better method than to choke the diesel to clean up the emissions.

Jim.Allison

Energy cannot be created or destroyed!!!! It can only change form.

There is no way to alter the energy it takes to move X load from point A to point B except through efficiency.

Today's trucks are more efficient than any produced in the history of the planet.

Bones

Energy cannot be created or destroyed!!!! It can only change form.

There is no way to alter the energy it takes to move X load from point A to point B except through efficiency.

Today's trucks are more efficient than any produced in the history of the planet.

I'm not sure what your relating to but if you stop the choke hold on exhaust gases you recovered the lost energy used to force the exhaust through. However, The new engines today produce far more power than the engines of yesterday or they just bench mark them differently. :angel: