cyclone + 07 dodge swb + b&w companion

Hey guys, im looking for some info. Hopefully there are some people here with a short wheel base 03-09 dodge ram that are pulling some cyclones. I have the B&W gooseneck so i will be getting the companion hitch or the colibert sliding hitch that will work with the B&W. Im wondering if anyone has a regular bed truck like mine, and if you HAVE to have a slider. Hopefully someone will have a very similar setup and can confirm the truck/trailer will get close to 90' turn angle without requiring a slider...

DW_Gray

You can find info about your truck towing by using the towing guide at http://FifthWheelSt.com.

SWB trucks usually don't have the towing capacity as the LWB. Depending what Cyclone model you're interested in, your truck may be to light. All to often, some buy RVs too big for their truck and that becomes a safety issue.

Actually as far as an 07 dodge goes, SRW and same gear ratio, a swb truck actually has more Payload capacity then the LWB truck and the same overall towing capacity. Im planning on a 3010 cyclone. Really not concerned about the capability of the truck, it will handle the trailer just fine. Thanks for your concern though.

I have a 2008 Dodge Megacab with the B&W Companion Hitch. The design of the trailer with the stock extended hitch (Lippert 1621) has allowed me to make close to 90 degree turns without needing a slider hitch.

Lynn1130

Riddler, I am not familiar with the goose neck set up that you mention but I have a short-bed Chevy Duramax crew cab and pull the 3010. Turning is no issue. It truly can make an 88 degree turn. I don't have a slider. Iit is not necessary. I would think that the gooseneck is going to move you further back and give even more turning room but again I am not familiar with it.

bggrndodge

Riddler6.7, I just sold my 07 sb, I had no issues with out the slider pulling my 3010. The new 11.5 I will be recieveing this week will have the companion in it, and it is also a sb w/o a slider. Hope that

Thanks guys. Its good to know that the cyclone's front end is that well designed. Colibert makes a manual slider hitch thats only about $200 more then the companion, so Im looking to find out the weight of the hitch and also if it is capable of the side to side pivot similar to the companion and the colibert non slider hitch, the free ride hitch.

I figure if the rail rider is capable of side to side pivot, and it doesnt weigh too much more then the companion, then it is probably worth the $200 for piece of mind knowing i have the capability if i need it.

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Hey guys, im looking for some info. Hopefully there are some people here with a short wheel base 03-09 dodge ram that are pulling some cyclones. I have the B&W gooseneck so i will be getting the companion hitch or the colibert sliding hitch that will work with the B&W. Im wondering if anyone has a regular bed truck like mine, and if you HAVE to have a slider. Hopefully someone will have a very similar setup and can confirm the truck/trailer will get close to 90' turn angle without requiring a slider...
Are you considering towing a Cyclone with a full size short wheel base single cab 1/2 ton truck?