Cyclone 300c walkthrough

Lndeatr

Here is a link to explain it. //heartlandowners.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Universal_Docking_Center_(UDC)

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Grey water leak

It should not leak. The system is sealed.
Are you certain that it is grey water?
If so, this might be something for your dealer to look at.

Peace
Dave

denverkas

Yes, I am sure it was a grey water leak because the water was backed up to the bathtub and there were drips coming from the black drain pipe, underneath, from the tub. Once I released the grey water valve and drained that tank, the dripping stopped, and I dried out the floor of the storage area.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

From your description, it almost sounds like you may have a loose fitting at the tub drain.
Can you access the drain and try to tighten it? Hand tighten only.

Peace
Dave

Lynn1130

Your situation is not related to my note about the Universal Docking Station (UDC) leak. What I was speaking of is when you fill your freshwater tanks or hook up city water and spill any water in the UDC, it sometimes runs toward the front of the trailer and seeps into the bottom of the storage area tool bin. This soaks the carpet and can cause mold and mildew. Some of us have installed a "dam" that prevents this from happening.

I am not sure I understand how you tank backed up into the tub unless it overfilled or there is some obstruction in the drain.

danemayer

I am new to the whole Forum scene. I am trying to get a grasp on certain abbreviations. What is the UDC? I ask this because I took delivery of my Cyclone 4000 about 6 weeks ago and last week on a trip my grey tank for the bathtub filled and before my wife alerted me to this, grey water started leaking into my storage area and then stopped leaking once I drained the grey water tank. I didn't know if that is what you were referring to.

Hi Denverkas,

UDC is Universal Docking Center, where the water, cable, and satellite connectors are located. On some models, the dump tank handles and winterization controls are also there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)

Lynn, sorry about that. Yes, I meant the grey water overfilled into the bathtub.

The tub is the low point for sinks, washers, shower, etc, in the grey water system for the front of the RV. If Grey water tank one starts getting full it will back up into the tub/shower and eventually overflow. Mine got within a couple of inches last week when the wife was using the washer a lot and I forgot to open the drain.

denverkas

The tub is the low point for sinks, washers, shower, etc, in the grey water system for the front of the RV. If Grey water tank one starts getting full it will back up into the tub/shower and eventually overflow.

Thank you for the response. So, it sounds like from you that if my grey water tank at the front of the camper filled up before I was aware of it and started to overfill into the bathtub, the fact that I started seeing water leaking underneath the tub in the storage area, is not leaking issue, correct? Meaning it is an issue and I don't want it to do that, but you are saying that it will leak if the grey water tank gets that full, right?

porthole

Retired
You need to double check the pipes, fittings and flange under the shower. Similar to what you have in your house.

BarneyFife

To the OP. Ironic you post this in the "Waste Water Systems" forum. I have a 370C which is similar to your 300. Here's my .02

The first time we used our black tank flush, the entire storage compartment flooded. The first time we tried to winterize our Cyclone, the antifreeze suction hose would not come out. It was fastened behind the panel. Both of these items are at the UDC.

This is just a small example of the poor initial quality of our camper. But since it pertains to your waste water post, I'll leave it at that. I must admit, we've replaced so many things now, its doing pretty good these days. :)

Mizmary

I think what is being said is that the grey tank itself isn't leaking but perhaps one of the fittings between the tank and the tub are loose. It isn't an issue most of the time when water is freely flowing through the pipes- leakage will be minimal, if any. Once water starts to fill up then it leaks out through the loose fitting. Check the fittings at the bottom of the tub. That is the likely source of the leak.

Then keep an eye on it after. If the leaking continues it could be something else.

It is not at all related to the city water or the full valves IF the leak, is related to the overfill of the grey tank.

Does that make sense? ;-D