Cyclone 3010 pick up on Friday!

Porkchop

I'm so excited!

I got the call and its ready! They got a lot of generators and its done. We have a tentative pdi date for Friday. I just have to book a flight out there and meet with hubby who's driving out first.

Questions:

Would anyone be willing to post or email a link to a good PDI check list. I know that I should check everything a few dozen times, but I have never really been in an rv before except to do a quick walk through.

I am also traveling with a one year old. Any tips? I'm flying out with my 1 year old and plan on staying at the dealership for at least one night.

We will take two days to drive home and will look for a place to camp halfway back. I'm thinking something very quick. Any suggestions? I am driving from new jersey to Indiana.

It was suggested a flying j would have rv hook ups.

Also do I need to pick up a sewage hose?

Thank you!
Irene

wdk450

Porkchop:
I have seen links to PDI lists on this forum. If you get no immediate response, I suggest you use the "Search" function for the forum, and/or an internet search.

Porkchop

Thank you! I did a brief search and found a few links. I'll read them at :)

I feel so nervous and hope I don't screw up top badly using it!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to take notes. And if you don't think that you understand something or if you feel they should explain something better, don't be afraid to ask.
A lot of people explain things as though you all ready know about it.
Take notes.
And the forum community is here for you.

Peace
Dave

porthole

Retired
Irene
I wrote to the dealer and asked them the take my "recommend to the dealer" incentive and apply it to your deal.

I never got a reply, so don't be afraid to ask for it.

Not much, but it will buy dinner.

iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Porkchop

Thank you again Duane for ALL your help. You are amazing!

I'm trying to see if I can maybe stop by the Lake George Rally in June. We can't actually make it for the weekend b/c of a party we are going to on Saturday, BUT we are heading up to Canada and I'm going to try to convince hubby to swing by on Sunday if people will still be around.

I would LOVE to meet everyone!!! (and maybe get a few pointers). We will be using it a few times before then, but its going to be a very very steep learning curve.

Irene

jnbhobe

There will still be a bunch of us around if its like every other rally I've been to.

Stargazer

Irene, I am so excited for you!! You need to post pics and I am excited to see that you are getting the 2013 model with the upgrades...Fantastic!!!

(((Hugs)))

Olga.:D

Porkchop

Thanks!

We are in it tonight hooked up to a 15 amp in the dealers lot.

Hitching and unhitching was extremely frightening. It seems like we have to do it relatively hard to hit.

I also found leaks already in the bathroom sink and kitchen sink. I didn't notice it til after the paperwork was signed.

I'm off to take a shower ;)

PS. It's so awesome!

Here's one picture. I'll post more at home!

IMAG0413.jpg

Hope the picture works.

Porkchop

PS I wish the living area had more electrical outlets.

I could only find the one by the sink and behind the tv.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We are in it tonight hooked up to a 15 amp in the dealers lot.

Hitching and unhitching was extremely frightening. It seems like we have to do it relatively hard to hit.

I also found leaks already in the bathroom sink and kitchen sink. ;)

PS. It's so awesome!
You're right...it is awesome! If all you found were a couple of sink leaks, you are doing good. Not uncommon for the fixtures to be a little loose. A little tightening will go a long way.

Best Wishes!

Porkchop

Found another issue. I actually mentioned it at the pdi and the guy said there wasn't enough gas to register although the dealerships put 10 gallons in there for us. It shouldn't have come up as zero.

Filled up and forgot to check the gauge until after evwone had gone home.

Told another service guy what happened and he said, it's broken, I can't fix it today and we have to leave today.

I'm a little upset that the pdi guy didn't catch it even after I mentioned it to him at the walk through. He brushed it off and I should have been more insistent but what do I know. He said it was fine.

Anyway, I still love it but now I have to find someone in NJ that can take care of this. It's not going to be easy coordinating it. Should I call heartland?

Thanks. Irene

porthole

Retired
HI Irene - Little issues are to be expected and is why i had highly suggested staying at least 2 nights.

I also spoke with Tom and confirmed in writing to him to apply the referral to your deal, please let me know if they followed through with that.

Rob or Tom should have told you that the Dealer in Lakewood is friends with Rob and accommodates his customers.

But, if you guys are handy enough to install your own hitch you are handy enough to take care of the smaller issues and that is that is the aside to saving the big bucks by purchasing where you did.
It will all work out.

Porkchop

Hi Duane,

They were over all very good. I do wish I had Chet do my walk through because he was the one who looked at it the second time and confirmed it was broken. It's not a huge deal since we won't be using the gennie that often except in Canada.

I. Did ask tom if they had anyone in nj that they could recommend me to and he said no. I'll call rob on monday and see what he says.

I really enjoyed my visit and did the tour as well. It was really cool to see how they are made. They all were working furiously!

Thank you again Duane for the referral fee. Any little bit helps.

Other than the generator gauge there weren't too many problems.

Leif? I I think his name is spelled that way. And his wife were so nice! He helped fixed my sink and the big awning arm was a little loose on the edges. We just put two screws in it.

I would definitely do it again. I wish I could have stayed longer but I'm not worried about getting the gauge fixed. I know it'll be done, just trying to figure out a day might be a little difficult. Not a big deal. I'm very happy about my purchase. I'm an rv owner! So happy!

Irene

Thank you all for making it a great experience!

Also I sort of convinced dh about lake George, only problem is its out of the way to caliboogie Canada. I might have to go north 1+ hours hours then go back down to catch a major road. He's not too keen about that :( I would love to meet everyone but it might have to be another time.

Irene

porthole

Retired
They were over all very good. I do wish I had Chet do my walk through because he was the one who looked at it the second time and confirmed it was broken. It's not a huge deal since we won't be using the gennie that often except in Canada.

I. Did ask tom if they had anyone in nj that they could recommend me to and he said no. I'll call rob on monday and see what he says.

There are usually 2 reasons the gauge does not work, wire is disconnected at the gauge (common) wire is disconnected at the tank (less common). Get yourself a #2 square drive bit, you'll need it anyway.

Call Great Lakes and talk to Rob, the owner. He told me when I met him in Goshen that the owner of Scott's RV in Lakewood is a personal friend and would make sure they could-would work on a Great Lakes purchased RV.

The problem with Cyclone's in New Jersey is that the closest Cyclone dealer to us is over 250 miles.

Leif? I I think his name is spelled that way. And his wife were so nice! He helped fixed my sink and the big awning arm was a little loose on the edges. We just put two screws in it.

After you start using all the hot and cold water circuits you need to go over all the connections and make sure they are tight (finger tight).
It has nothing to do with the quality of the RV, strictly the fact that you are heating-cooling all kinds of different materials that expand and contract at different rates, top it off by having these systems in a rolling earthquake and they tend to leak after installed.

And - don't forget to check the torque of the lug nuts! If the dealer didn't tell you or you didn't read it in your manual, do it when you get home.

Where are you going to keep it?

porthole

Retired
Also I sort of convinced dh about lake George, only problem is its out of the way to caliboogie Canada. I might have to go north 1+ hours hours then go back down to catch a major road. He's not too keen about that

If you take I-87 through NY instead of I-81 it will add about 50 miles to the distance to Calabogie and the campground is less then a mile from the interstate.