Cyclone 3800 vs. Road Warrior 390?

bmzero

Currently, we own a Keystone Raptor and are looking to upgrade to a larger, nicer toy hauler.

We have narrowed down the choices to a Cyclone 3800 and a Road Warrior 390. Both are similarly equipped and both are in excellent condition, and both are 2013 models. The Road Warior looks like it's going to end up about $5000 less than the Cyclone.

Are there any quality, structural, or otherwise major differences between these models?

cyclone-3800-flpln-spec.jpg

And, the Road Warrior 390.

140674977321036.jpg

danemayer

Hi bmzero,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a bunch of useful information here along with a great group of friendly and helpful people.

Cyclone and Road Warrior are built on the same production line, by the same people, using the same components. There may be differences here and there in features and appointments, but the basic construction and quality is going to be the same.

bmzero

Hi bmzero,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a bunch of useful information here along with a great group of friendly and helpful people.

Cyclone and Road Warrior are built on the same production line, by the same people, using the same components. There may be differences here and there in features and appointments, but the basic construction and quality is going to be the same.

Thanks, Dan. I appreciate the prompt information. Hopefully, by the end of the day, we'll have a decision on which one to go with. We have been juggling these two for about a week now.

avvidclif

The RW has the same kitchen as we have in ours and I can tell you that you run out of kitchen space in a hurry. In fact everything in front of the bar matches ours. Also it has no WD hookups. I would go Cyclone. The only down side to the Cyclone is refrigerator access with the slide in, but it has the overhead storage/bed. The RW has fridge, bathroom and bedroom access with slides in.

bmzero

The RW has the same kitchen as we have in ours and I can tell you that you run out of kitchen space in a hurry. In fact everything in front of the bar matches ours. Also it has no WD hookups. I would go Cyclone. The only down side to the Cyclone is refrigerator access with the slide in, but it has the overhead storage/bed. The RW has fridge, bathroom and bedroom access with slides in.

I didn't think about fridge access with the slides in. Our Raptor only has two slides, so it has never been a problem, but that's definitely a concern.

We have talked about the kitchen space quite a bit, and I agree with you that I think the Cyclone layout works better in the kitchen area. I also like that you can see the TV from the kitchen in the Cyclone as where you can't in the RW.

It looks to be just about $10k difference, maybe a little less at the time of the offer, between the two. $10k is a lot of money for an open kitchen, though.

A few other things I like about the Cyclone:
- rear bathroom
- rear power awning
- original owner, looks brand new

avvidclif

The lineup has the Cyclone at the top and the RW next followed by Edge and Torque. I'm sure there are a few more subtle differences to make up the placement. Of course if I'm incorrect about the pecking order break out the wet noodles....GRIN

sdwelling

I called Heartland to ask essentially the same question "What do I sacrifice by going from Cyclone to Road Warrior?" The answer was "nothing." They're built on the same line.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

bmzero

I called Heartland to ask essentially the same question "What do I sacrifice by going from Cyclone to Road Warrior?" The answer was "nothing." They're built on the same line.

Thanks.

I have made an offer on the Cyclone. I'll let you guys know how that goes. Thanks for the information.