Cyclone 3800 Winterize Valve ?'s

lucey

Can someone tell me how the winterize valve works for this unit ? The boys and i were discussing winterizing around the fire the other night. I know you turn the valve to winterize and suck fluid up the hose. My question is how does the water heater bypass work ? My friends Big Horn has a bypass valve that you turn. Our Cyclone 3800 does not. I just can't remember what i did last year lol. I thought i had the cover removed behind the panel. Does someone have the wisdom ? Thanks

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
My CY 300c has a separate hookup under the valve for the winterizing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 3 HD

danemayer

Lucey,

There are two types of water heater bypass setups. Some rigs have a 3-way valve that is turned 90 degrees to bypass the water heater. Others have 3 separate valves that have to be turned. There's a description along with some pictures on page 24 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide.

Hi. I am a rookie Cyclone 3800 (2013) owner. I am winterizing for my first time. I blew all lines thru using the air method described in the manual. I thought I would use anti freeze as well but I am not sure where the heater by pass valves are. It refers to the basement wall. Is that the "cardboard like material covering the underbody> It looks like I have to remove the entire thing to get acccess. Where would by pass and water pump be located?

There are two types of water heater bypass setups. Some rigs have a 3-way valve that is turned 90 degrees to bypass the water heater. Others have 3 separate valves that have to be turned. There's a description along with some pictures on page 24 of our owner-written Water Systems Guide.

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

The basement wall is typically the rear wall of the main storage area in the front half of the trailer. The cardboard-like material underneath the trailer is coroplast (corrogated plastic) which encloses the underbelly.