Cyclone 4000, 4100 and 3800 thoughts?

alex00

I am in the official tire kicking stage of my Cyclone buying process. After months of internet research I am visiting dealers this weekend. I looked at the 4100 and 3800 yesterday at the local dealer. We are taking a 3 hour road trip tomorrow to look at the 4000.

I am fairly confident that the 4000 will continue to be our top pick. I really liked both the 4100 and the 3800, but each had compromises. The bedroom in the 4100 is awesome, but the living room/kitchen was not as big as I would like. The 3800 has the best living room I have seen, but the queen bed is a deal breaker for my wife. I am really hoping the 4000 gives us the best of both worlds. I find myself drawn to the L shaped couch. I am aware the 4000 does not have the half bath like the 3800 and 4100. We are willing to trade the half bath for a larger living/bed room.

I'd like some input from people that have compared these floor plans. Is there anything I should look out for in the 4000, that I may be overlooking? If you bought a 4100 or 3800, I'd love to know why you chose it over the other floor plans. I'm really trying to make the most of my trip tomorrow, since I can't easily go back and look if I miss something.

scottyb

My thoughts after 11K miles with the 4100. The 3800 wouldn't work for me either with the QS bed so I will take that one out of the discussion. The 4100 was the only TH on the market that we could find in 2013 with a KS bed. If the 4000 had been available, we probably would have taken a very hard look at it. I think I like it's living room better and I know I like it's kitchen better. Access to the fridge w/o moving a slide would be nice and very useful. However, the kitchen slide in the 4100 goes out 1st, so you don't have to put both slides out to gain access, and it is on the curb side. I still like the bathroom better in the 4100. The two doors are heavily utilized and make egress and access a lot easier. The Bedrooms are almost identical. The 1/2 bath in the garage of the 4100 seems to be a favorite, but I don't find it useful at all, but I like the space. In fact, I have stated a few times before that I would sacrifice it for a w/d before I would sacrifice closet space in the BR. It would be a very tough choice for me now.

iowaone

I have the 4100 going on 10 months. As mentioned above the bathroom 2 doors swayed me to the 4100 while I like the couch facing the tv in the 4000 I would not trade it for bath access in 4100. We sometime use back bath for a closet storage with addition of remove able bar. Both are great units and extremelyversatile. We use the back mostly for storage and living space. Love the 3 season door setup

alex00

My thoughts after 11K miles with the 4100. The 3800 wouldn't work for me either with the QS bed so I will take that one out of the discussion. The 4100 was the only TH on the market that we could find in 2013 with a KS bed. If the 4000 had been available, we probably would have taken a very hard look at it. I think I like it's living room better and I know I like it's kitchen better. Access to the fridge w/o moving a slide would be nice and very useful. However, the kitchen slide in the 4100 goes out 1st, so you don't have to put both slides out to gain access, and it is on the curb side. I still like the bathroom better in the 4100. The two doors are heavily utilized and make egress and access a lot easier. The Bedrooms are almost identical. The 1/2 bath in the garage of the 4100 seems to be a favorite, but I don't find it useful at all, but I like the space. In fact, I have stated a few times before that I would sacrifice it for a w/d before I would sacrifice closet space in the BR. It would be a very tough choice for me now.
Thanks for pointing out the fridge/slide as well, I wasn't sure, and the one I saw yesterday had the slide out. I do love that 4100 bathroom and the extra door into the bedroom, but again, it takes up living room space. I'm sure that as soon as I take delivery Heartland will make a unit that combines all my favorite features of the 4100, 3800 and 4000 :). Thank you for the input, Scotty.

I have the 4100 going on 10 months. As mentioned above the bathroom 2 doors swayed me to the 4100 while I like the couch facing the tv in the 4000 I would not trade it for bath access in 4100. We sometime use back bath for a closet storage with addition of remove able bar. Both are great units and extremelyversatile. We use the back mostly for storage and living space. Love the 3 season door setup
That was the other question I was having. I plan to load this thing up with options, but was questioning whether or not to order the 3 season wall. I'm split between wanting a roll up screen, and the 3 season wall. I suppose if anything else, it would be easier for the kids to go through the 3 season wall than rolling up the screen. Thanks for responding.

dbear

I must be in the minority with regard to dual access bathrooms and bed size. I owned a house that had two entry doors to the bathroom, one from the master bedroom and one from hall. After 3 months of living there, I walled off the door to the bedroom and didn't miss it in the least. A solid wall offered additional bedroom layouts. A two entry bath would be deal breaker for me. My current bed is a queen; my wife and I have plenty of room. I'll take the increased floorspace instead.

remoandiris

I'm glad I have the 3-season wall, though I don't know what seasons it's supposed to be for. IMO, there is not enough insulation in the garage to make a difference regardless of season.

I hate the uselessness of the L-shaped couch in the 4000. I'll probably suffer with it for another year, then dump it for 2 lazyboys or something.

scottyb

What do you not like about the L-shaped couch? Is it a quality or comfort issue or is it because of it's orientation? I don't like the one in my 4100 due to it's lack of comfort.

alex00

Both the lack of comfort and orientation.
It's funny, I felt the same way about the couch in the 4100, at least with respect to the orientation. Sitting on the new furniture, I really liked it. We specifically sought out the 4000 for the L shaped couch, though. I was looking at it from a TV viewing standpoint, since all the other trailers you need to turn your head to see the TV.

The nice thing about the layout of the 4000 floor plan is recliners should fit nicely and not look out of place. You could put three decent size recliners in that space and it could look like it came from the factory that way.

We ended up ordering a new unit during our trip to the dealership.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We looked at them and the 4000 won out. I like that it seperates the living and kitchen area, and LW likes the large pantery in the kitchen. We'll be glade when it gets here.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

remoandiris

None of the seats with the footrest (theater seat or couch) are directly in front of the tv. So either you turn your head, have your feet on the floor, or sit with your feet up on the couch. None of the seats recline, either.

It's funny, I felt the same way about the couch in the 4100, at least with respect to the orientation. Sitting on the new furniture, I really liked it. We specifically sought out the 4000 for the L shaped couch, though. I was looking at it from a TV viewing standpoint, since all the other trailers you need to turn your head to see the TV.

The nice thing about the layout of the 4000 floor plan is recliners should fit nicely and not look out of place. You could put three decent size recliners in that space and it could look like it came from the factory that way.

We ended up ordering a new unit during our trip to the dealership.

alex00

None of the seats with the footrest (theater seat or couch) are directly in front of the tv. So either you turn your head, have your feet on the floor, or sit with your feet up on the couch. None of the seats recline, either.

That's a good point. We've been sitting on couches at home for as long as I can remember that don't recline so I never even paid attention to which positions had foot rests. I can see how that would be a major problem.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
FYI all of the new Cyclone's being built have Broyhill residential furniture in them. The 4000's new furniture in the L-shape couch has 2X built in recliners (one directly in front of the TV that is a free standing recliner that sits next to couch). There is also another recliner in the small love seat sofa. The 4100 has 3X built in recliners in the large couch, and the 3800 has 3x recliners in the large couch and 1X recliner in the small love seat sofa. All of this furniture is true residential furniture made from a plywood base and built in the USA. Broyhill also has a limited lifetime warrantee on their products as well.

remoandiris

I would NEVER call the 2 "recliners" in my 4000 recliners. That would be an insult to real recliners. I would also NEVER buy the L shaped couch or theater seating for my house. Calling them residential doesn't make them comfortable.

Mizmary

Our recliners have started failing. The pull cords have defective ends or something so that when you pull them you hear a shredding sound. Much to my dismay the cable is actually being cut with each pull of the cord. I know that it is a defect because it only happens on two of the three - the one is silent. We don't use the shredder recliners anymore as recliners. Have been tossing around taking two of the three out to replace with a small dinette.